Jays back in the top Polls.

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Jays back in the top Polls.

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

CURx wrote:
I'm confused with your reply.

I was confused with your reply. So much going on there. On one hand you're saying give them an 8 seed and then on the other you're saying they have no wins.
Dundee Hipster

Postby CURx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:
CURx wrote:
I'm confused with your reply.

I was confused with your reply. So much going on there. On one hand you're saying give them an 8 seed and then on the other you're saying they have no wins.

What wasn't clear? I stated that they have a tricky game or two left. If they win those and then 2 games in the B10, the second game would finally match them with another quality potential victory, then they would have 23 or 24 wins and would have played in the B10 Title game. If that all happens give 'em an 8 seed and play on. If they drop any of these remaining games and/or aren't able to get another quality win in the B10 tournament, then hanging your hat on a home win vs. Michigan in middle January is going to make for a long week leading into Selection Sunday.
CURx

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Several losses this weekend:
It's possible that the Jays and ASU rejoin the rankings... the AP may just leave UK and Miami in despite their losses.
More probable in the Coaches Poll, but still possible in both.

Wizard of Westroads wrote:God love you, Gtmo, only you could expect to get back in the rankings after that loss.

Happy to admit I was wrong Gtmo! I need what you're drinking.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 pm

"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Well, here we are again. If our Jays TCB tonite, they'll be ranked in both major polls come Monday. Tennessee, WVA, TAMU, and Oklahoma all lost today, plus Ariz St lost this past Wednesday. Even the AP's ARV darling, NM St, lost tonite to Seattle, no less.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 am

Yeah, scratch that.
ZMagic30

Postby cu8493 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am

Yeah, I'm afraid we have sniffed the top 25 for the last time this season absent a sweet sixteen run in the dance. Just don't see that happening any longer.
cu8493

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops