Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Gonzaga Prediction AND Game Thread

Postby Polyfro » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:16 pm

#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 pm

shadow wrote:I will only submit if CU does not find a more efficient point guard, they will not reach the promised land. Minz as it now stands
is simply not good enough. Kaleb was raved about all through the summer and practice. If it's only healing the hamstring I'm not concerned. He looked pretty good getting 12 a game ago. You don't start at Syracuse as a freshman unless you're the real deal.
Tyshawn could possibly be the answer(lots of upside), but Minz just isn't good enough for the upcoming competition IMHO.

I think you are correct about the PG problem, but not so sure I agree on Kaleb. Maybe he'll get healthy and work his way into the rotation, but starting on a mediocre Syracuse team out of necessity and playing poorly doesn't mean he's what we need.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Easypaddy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:53 pm

shadow wrote:I will only submit if CU does not find a more efficient point guard, they will not reach the promised land. Minz as it now stands
is simply not good enough. Kaleb was raved about all through the summer and practice. If it's only healing the hamstring I'm not concerned. He looked pretty good getting 12 a game ago. You don't start at Syracuse as a freshman unless you're the real deal.
Tyshawn could possibly be the answer(lots of upside), but Minz just isn't good enough for the upcoming competition IMHO.

1/3 at spelling player’s names right in this post.
Easypaddy

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:57 pm

drbluejay wrote:Holy Cow, what is wrong with you so called fans? I saw a different game and a different coach than some of you so called fans.
Why all the negative comments after CU just kicked butt for 20 straight minutes at one of the hardest places to win at. It was awesome to see how the Jays can play. Khyri had an excellent game on defense as he held his man to 0 for 2 shooting. Khyri also shot 4 of 6 from 3 land but you only see the TO's. Sure we fell apart the 2nd half but I look at the bright side a bit more than the comments here today. Who do you think we are, Duke or Kentucky and can just roll into Spokane and destroy a national power on their home court. I see great things out of this team as I have in most of Mac's teams except the 2014-2015 team. I love this team and I love these freshmen even if they didn't bring their A game last night. Give these guys and coach's a break, as we have a very good team and a very good coach. This year is going to a very exciting one and fun to watch as they win plenty of games in the one of the toughest conferences in the nation. 90% of the nations teams envy what Creighton has and it's only going to get better.
PS; I'm hoping some of the ridiculous comments toward bad play and bad coaching last night came from anti Jays fans and not the true fans of Creighton.

A lot of good points here.

- We just lost to a top 15 team on the road in a very hostile place to play. Even great teams go there and lose, and while we have potential, we are emphatically not a great team at this point.

- Our scouting was excellent coming into the game, but things obviously fell apart in the second half. Plenty of blame to go around, but honestly, we aren't a top 15 team right now, and if we were that would make it an even match with them on a neutral court, not in their strong home court.

This isn't our teams from the Valley were we absolutely had to win these tough road games because we'd be dismissed if we lost to our only ranked opponent early in the year. We will play tons of ranked teams and can build our resume all year long.

People also need to remember that we are not, as you said, "Duke or Kentucky", and that even for our standards this was looked at as a bit of a question mark season. For those question marks, some remain, but we are looking like a team that will be pretty darned good by the end of the season.
Chicagojayfan

Postby jayhaze » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:24 pm

drbluejay wrote:Holy Cow, what is wrong with you so called fans? I saw a different game and a different coach than some of you so called fans.
Why all the negative comments after CU just kicked butt for 20 straight minutes at one of the hardest places to win at. It was awesome to see how the Jays can play. Khyri had an excellent game on defense as he held his man to 0 for 2 shooting. Khyri also shot 4 of 6 from 3 land but you only see the TO's. Sure we fell apart the 2nd half but I look at the bright side a bit more than the comments here today. Who do you think we are, Duke or Kentucky and can just roll into Spokane and destroy a national power on their home court. I see great things out of this team as I have in most of Mac's teams except the 2014-2015 team. I love this team and I love these freshmen even if they didn't bring their A game last night. Give these guys and coach's a break, as we have a very good team and a very good coach. This year is going to a very exciting one and fun to watch as they win plenty of games in the one of the toughest conferences in the nation. 90% of the nations teams envy what Creighton has and it's only going to get better.
PS; I'm hoping some of the ridiculous comments toward bad play and bad coaching last night came from anti Jays fans and not the true fans of Creighton.

+1
jayhaze

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:25 pm

speaking for myself

it's not the loss - heck i predicted we'd lose by 12

it's how we lost

it's the same story in these kind of games over and over again

we lost the second half by 24 points - that just shouldn't happen

the combined scores for baylor and GU are us minus 38 pts

i think MVC creighton could at least do that - BE CU should at least be capable of not getting our doors blown off when it matters
cujaysfan

Postby TBC Alum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

cujaysfan wrote:i think MVC creighton could at least do that - BE CU should at least be capable of not getting our doors blown off when it matters

MVC Creighton would have never had these games.
TBC Alum

Postby LynchMob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 am

Don't mind that we lost or even really that we got outscored so much in the second half.

What bothers me is that these second half collapses happen consistently and in the exact same way. Creighton consistently gets outcoached at halftime to a ridiculous degree.

Still support Mac, the program is still improving, all that stuff. It's just crazy that our scouts can always get us a double-digit lead, but our halftime adjustments are so poor we frequently go -20 in the second half.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby cu8493 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am

Frequently -20 in second half? Name the games. A bit of an overstatement, I think.
cu8493

Postby drbluejay » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 am

LynchMob wrote:Don't mind that we lost or even really that we got outscored so much in the second half.

What bothers me is that these second half collapses happen consistently and in the exact same way. Creighton consistently gets outcoached at halftime to a ridiculous degree.

Still support Mac, the program is still improving, all that stuff. It's just crazy that our scouts can always get us a double-digit lead, but our halftime adjustments are so poor we frequently go -20 in the second half.

Maybe you have it confused with the 16 times Mac has brought Creighton back from double digit deficits. This is a fact, not an illusion.
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops