Nebraska game thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Nebraska game thread

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 am

Mac keeps his Miles streak alive. In their LAST meeting, we win by 20 and Scurry scores a career high. Mac tries to keep the score down. Corn shoots about 30% from the field.

Prediction: Ras at the game with Uncle Moose. Scott Frost makes an appearance on the Link screen and the crowd cheers wildly, Ras also gives UNL AD his basketball coach list with Ben Jacobsen at the top of the list. Ras knows the score. This kindness is the start of a beautiful relationship between Moos and Ras.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Nebraska game thread

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:04 am

The Corn students stormed the court after beating the Gophers. A win by us over a top 20 team is an every day thing for us.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

CU Final Four wrote:The Corn students stormed the court after beating the Gophers. A win by us over a top 20 team is an every day thing for us.

Nothing wrong with student participation :oops: . This NU game will be the toughest since saddlebags left them. I think that coaches clinic put on by the 3 D1 Nebraska coaches last summer taught Miles more than the students. NU looked very good last night against a team that beat CU.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby cu8493 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 am

MN looked kind of tired and disinterested. I think they got caught looking ahead and weren't really prepared for the environment. PBA can be a tough environment. Give Timmy credit, he has found a couple of pieces. But, if the fellas keep them out of the paint and force then to shoot jump shots and rebound, then we should be able to control things. Neb still shot 27% from three and 47% overall (57% in the second half when MN really kind of quit guarding). Neb will play hard for sure and will try to push us out on defense, but if we avoid getting sped up and play our game, we should be o.k. I agree the win should have our guys' attention.
cu8493

Postby UpperBowlRandy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 am

From the Minny game, looks like you have to slow down Glynn Watson. Tazz clamps him like he just did to Josh Perkins, Manu Lecomte, Geno Crandall, etc. Neb can’t get into sets because of the ball pressure on Watson. CU creates turnovers and long rebounds off bad shots and gets out in transition early and often. CU 87 Neb 71
UpperBowlRandy

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 am

cu8493 wrote:MN looked kind of tired and disinterested. I think they got caught looking ahead and weren't really prepared for the environment. PBA can be a tough environment. Give Timmy credit, he has found a couple of pieces. But, if the fellas keep them out of the paint and force then to shoot jump shots and rebound, then we should be able to control things. Neb still shot 27% from three and 47% overall (57% in the second half when MN really kind of quit guarding). Neb will play hard for sure and will try to push us out on defense, but if we avoid getting sped up and play our game, we should be o.k. I agree the win should have our guys' attention.
Outside of Minnesota, Nebraska has looked bad against the good teams they have faced. Tough team at home...horrible on the road. Creighton will win by 15-20 points in Omaha.
1620Jay

Postby CU4LIFE » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

You lock down Glynn Watson and the Huskers have no offense. Taz will shut him down, the Jays will feed off the crowd, and this game will get ugly.

Jays - 87
Huskers- 72

PS: When was the last time we played Nebraska on a Saturday? Me likey. #beerme 8-)
CU4LIFE

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 am

CU4LIFE wrote:You lock down Glynn Watson and the Huskers have no offense. Taz will shut him down, the Jays will feed off the crowd, and this game will get ugly.

Jays - 87
Huskers- 72

PS: When was the last time we played Nebraska on a Saturday? Me likey. #beerme 8-)

I will be really surprised if Thomas is guarding Watson. I fully expect him to be on Palmer.
1620Jay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 am

1620Jay wrote:
CU4LIFE wrote:You lock down Glynn Watson and the Huskers have no offense. Taz will shut him down, the Jays will feed off the crowd, and this game will get ugly.

Jays - 87
Huskers- 72

I will be really surprised if Thomas is guarding Watson. I fully expect him to be on Palmer.

Curious why you think that.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby skinzfan23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

CU4LIFE wrote:

Wow, it has been a awhile. The last time was Nov, 29th, 2008 in Lincoln.
skinzfan23

Next

Return to Men's Hoops