Nebraska game thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Nebraska game thread

Postby mannygakou » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
1620Jay wrote:
CU4LIFE wrote:You lock down Glynn Watson and the Huskers have no offense. Taz will shut him down, the Jays will feed off the crowd, and this game will get ugly.

Jays - 87
Huskers- 72

PS: When was the last time we played Nebraska on a Saturday? Me likey. #beerme 8-)

I will be really surprised if Thomas is guarding Watson. I fully expect him to be on Palmer.

Curious why you think that.

because it gives Nebraska a better chance to win
mannygakou

Postby Dundee Hipster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 am

Sharp and Benning off to a roaring start this morning. Creighton fans calling in trashing Nebraska has been great.
Dundee Hipster

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
1620Jay wrote:
CU4LIFE wrote:You lock down Glynn Watson and the Huskers have no offense. Taz will shut him down, the Jays will feed off the crowd, and this game will get ugly.

Jays - 87
Huskers- 72

PS: When was the last time we played Nebraska on a Saturday? Me likey. #beerme 8-)

I will be really surprised if Thomas is guarding Watson. I fully expect him to be on Palmer.

Curious why you think that.

In terms of scoring...Palmer is just as big in Nebraska’s offense as Watson is. The difference is...Palmer is very long and has six inches on Watson. Due to that..I think Mac will surely put Thomas on Palmer.
1620Jay

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 am

There are three certainties in this world:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Creighton basketball supremacy over UNL

Absolutely nothing to worry about in this game. Honestly I'm more annoyed than anything. A 1:30 tip-off interrupts my Saturday. If UNL threatens at any point and if this game is inside 15 points, I'd be shocked.
Hunter

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 am

skinzfan23 wrote:
CU4LIFE wrote:

Wow, it has been a awhile. The last time was Nov, 29th, 2008 in Lincoln.

1988 was a sat game in the old civic - and was a saturday after finals - and my first Jay v Husker game - so in addition to being done with first semester of college - AND a sat - AND the red menace - we got it on pregaming

and prior to this game - there hadn't been any security or anything where the students came in - so a bunch of us loaded in a bunch of keystone lights into our winter coats and off we went to the civic

only to get frisked on the way into the game. got an MIP - huskers won. it was a dark day.

but we kept drinking anyway
cujaysfan

Postby Dundee Hipster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

For losing seven consecutive games against us or whatever, you would think Nebraska fans would be less talkative about Saturday's game.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:17 am

Dundee Hipster wrote:For losing seven consecutive games against us or whatever, you would think Nebraska fans would be less talkative about Saturday's game.

Creighton has more talent by a lot. Creighton has a better coach by a lot. Creighton has home court advantage. This game will be a snoozer.
Hunter

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

Hunter wrote:There are three certainties in this world:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Creighton basketball supremacy over UNL

4. 1620 Jay reappearing on this board during UNL week
TBC Alum

Postby Nick Bahe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

Dundee Hipster wrote:Sharp and Benning off to a roaring start this morning. Creighton fans calling in trashing Nebraska has been great.

Wait till you hear my show.

If we all take a step back and look at this game unbiased, it's still hard to see how Nebraska can come close. They've got height, but these guys (Jordy and Duby) are very uncoordinated. Darian always dominates the scout on Nebraska. It's gonna get ugly.
Nick Bahe

Postby Panhandle Jay » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

Nebraska just did what they always do last night. They get a couple wins a year that look great, then they'll go on to lose to Rutgers, Penn State and Illinois.

Jays by 12-15 points on Saturday.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops