USC Upstate Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: USC Upstate Game Thread

Postby wes134 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 pm

I take back everything i said about the tic tac toe game.......that is if those same guys play it everynight. For those who where not at the game. More dunks in tic tactoe than the entire game....where did they findthose guys
Feed the Toby the Ball!!!! The Toby is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Jordan’s line: three for three from the field and seven points in seven minutes.

Perfect game for Jordan.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby wildjays » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 pm

White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:35 am

wes134 wrote:I take back everything i said about the tic tac toe game.......that is if those same guys play it everynight. For those who where not at the game. More dunks in tic tactoe than the entire game....where did they findthose guys

Who were those guys? Anyone?

They definitely did not look like they were big time ballers, but when the one dude went up and pulled a Dominique Wilkins bringing the ball down between his legs and then back up for the reverse jam, it was really impressive! I think that dude could have won a dunk contest over all of the current players.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48 am

I think the crowd was stunned to see the guy dunk like that. I know that I was.

As for the game, the Jays were as crisp as they have been all year moving the ball around and getting great looks. I was really glad to see all the bench players see extensive minutes, yet continue to push the pace. We had pizza with just under 15 min to play!
skinzfan23

Postby section202jay » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:10 am

Absolutely beautiful offense last night. It looked like we were playing NBA2k18 on easy. I know the opponent was trash, but still. If we played our starters 30+ minutes we could have had upwards to 140 points.

I feel like Alexander is capable of a lot more and is holding back, either because he's being told to do so or he's hesitant.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby Jaynut » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 am

section202jay wrote:I feel like Alexander is capable of a lot more and is holding back, either because he's being told to do so or he's hesitant.

He tried a behind the back pass on a fast break that didn't work, leading into a media timeout. Too funny when he was walking back, Mac looking at him and then grabbing him and walking with his arm around him at half court "explaining" to him why he shouldn't (or more appropriately, didn't need to) do that.

His alley oop jam was a thing of beauty. If we can keep him and Ballock on track, it will be a special 4 years with those guys.
Jaynut

Postby jaysbanker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:57 am

Jaynut wrote:
section202jay wrote:I feel like Alexander is capable of a lot more and is holding back, either because he's being told to do so or he's hesitant.

He tried a behind the back pass on a fast break that didn't work, leading into a media timeout. Too funny when he was walking back, Mac looking at him and then grabbing him and walking with his arm around him at half court "explaining" to him why he shouldn't (or more appropriately, didn't need to) do that.

His alley oop jam was a thing of beauty. If we can keep him and Ballock on track, it will be a special 4 years with those guys.

Let's hope...
jaysbanker

Postby LynchMob » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:36 am

Much more complete game against these guys than against UMES (who somehow played Iowa State close, scary for Iowa State). Score not that different, but spent the last 15 minutes messing around instead of the first 15 minutes. Completely blew them out of the gym and cleared the bench with 10 to go, that's how it should be.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Polyfro » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Here's the Morning After recap from this bludgeoning. USC Upstate was exactly as advertised, but the Jays took care of business and then some, which is impressive when you look at what happened elsewhere Wednesday night (WTF Iowa State?).

Lots of records and near records offensively in this one; I tried to recap them all.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/morning-a ... ht-116-62/
#GoJays
Polyfro

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops