The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott

Postby LynchMob » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott: How Creighton’s coach remade his coaching philosophy

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... 77125317=1

Think this deserves its own thread. Very good article from Rob Dauster.

What wasn’t so obvious was whether or not that success could be sustained once McDermott ran out of All-American offspring.

Well, it has, to the point that he was the object of Ohio State’s affection in June, when they were looking to find a replacement for Thad Matta.

He passed.

McDermott may have reinvented who he is as a basketball coach, but he’s still the same midwest country boy he was growing up in Cascade, Iowa.

“I’m 53 years old,” he said. “I really like my life. I like pulling into my driveway at night when I get home and I like pulling into work in the morning. I like the people I work with. There was really nothing missing in my life.”

“I’ve never made decisions in my life based on money. I’ve made moves because I thought it was a good move professionally or for our family, and had I chose to leave, it strictly would have been more dollars involved. I don’t think that’s the right reason to make a decision.”

“I’m happy.”
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Re: The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott

Postby go_jays » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Grounded and wise beyond his years.
go_jays

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am

Good read. It's been fun to watch the program evolve and grow. I'm glad Ras provides the needed tools and is the type of guy coaches like Altman and McDermott want to work for. CU has made large strides to get where they are and I think there are a few more strides coming.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby LJay » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Y’know, I appreciate the female form as much as the next guy and I hate political correctness but your avatar is out of place for this forum and in this political environment.
75 - 65
LJay

Postby LynchMob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:04 pm

LJay wrote:Y’know, I appreciate the female form as much as the next guy and I hate political correctness but your avatar is out of place for this forum and in this political environment.

I've never said anything about it because I don't want to be that guy killing the 'fun', but it makes the whole forum randomly NSFW and I think it shouldn't be allowed. Just my opinion.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby cr8onbb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 am

Am I the only one who views this thread on a cell and wonders what I'm missing out on in this avatar discussion?

Loved the article, by the way. Greg really has adapted to the way recruits want to play. Proud of him and our Jays.
cr8onbb

Postby whtblu » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 am

LynchMob wrote:
LJay wrote:Y’know, I appreciate the female form as much as the next guy and I hate political correctness but your avatar is out of place for this forum and in this political environment.

I've never said anything about it because I don't want to be that guy killing the 'fun', but it makes the whole forum randomly NSFW and I think it shouldn't be allowed. Just my opinion.

+1

If I’m scrolling through at work I feel like I have to skip his posts.
whtblu

Postby JD4JAYS » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 am

cr8onbb wrote:Am I the only one who views this thread on a cell and wonders what I'm missing out on in this avatar discussion?

Loved the article, by the way. Greg really has adapted to the way recruits want to play. Proud of him and our Jays.

I’m with ya, the only time I read this site is on my phone.
JD4JAYS

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:56 am

Freakin blizzard in this thread..... Maybe you all should try working while at work? :mrgreen:
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Jays26 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 am

whtblu wrote:
LynchMob wrote:

+1

If I’m scrolling through at work I feel like I have to skip his posts.

+1

Just block him, problem solved!
Jays26

Next

Return to Men's Hoops