The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: The Reinvention Of Greg McDermott

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Polyfro wrote:I can't remember why now, but the coaches' film from those untelevised CBI games weren't provided to us for highlight reels like every other game was that year. I feel like CU's video guys weren't allowed to shoot it even though it was at the CLink because of it being a tournament? Maybe not. But I know they wouldn't allow us to access the footage.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that game taking place at the Civic....am I misremembering?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Polyfro » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Polyfro wrote:I can't remember why now, but the coaches' film from those untelevised CBI games weren't provided to us for highlight reels like every other game was that year. I feel like CU's video guys weren't allowed to shoot it even though it was at the CLink because of it being a tournament? Maybe not. But I know they wouldn't allow us to access the footage.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that game taking place at the Civic....am I misremembering?

Yeah, those crappy tournaments all kind of blend together. I doubted myself after you asked that and had to go look it up to be sure. The "Return to the Civic" games were against Fairfield and South Dakota in the CIT the year before -- the last home games of the Altman Era, ironically enough (and that Fairfield team was coached by a young Ed Cooley, before he took over Keno Davis' mess at Providence!)
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Polyfro wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

Yeah, those crappy tournaments all kind of blend together. I doubted myself after you asked that and had to go look it up to be sure. The "Return to the Civic" games were against Fairfield and South Dakota in the CIT the year before -- the last home games of the Altman Era, ironically enough (and that Fairfield team was coached by a young Ed Cooley, before he took over Keno Davis' mess at Providence!)

Ah yes, Fairfield! I was mixing up Fairfield and Davidson. The Fairfield game featured P'Allen strolling in right before tip off in street clothes with some smart ass saying on his T-shirt...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Polyfro » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:20 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Ah yes, Fairfield! I was mixing up Fairfield and Davidson. The Fairfield game featured P'Allen strolling in right before tip off in street clothes with some smart ass saying on his T-shirt...

Yep, the infamous "I (heart symbol) Me" shirt. And he spent like 10 minutes clipping his fingernails on the bench during the first half. The last days of the Altman Era were so bizarre.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:23 am

Let's not let this remembrance pass without mention of Matt Dorwart's coming out party against South Dakota. Well, the box score doesn't show much (actually nothing) but he played 4 minutes because Kenny Lawson was struggling and in foul trouble. Nevertheless, we started pulling away when he came in. Sort of.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby JayPak » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:23 am

Dorwart. He also kicked my butt in the Sunday night rec league. I held my own inside, then he went to the corner and started draining 3's. Of course, he did have 8 inches and 20 years on me!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops