Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: St. John's Game Thread

Postby Helmzy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Crowd was great last night....
Helmzy

Postby minakirogue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:As someone who has gotten to know him pretty well through covering the Jays, I can tell you that Alex is actually providing some refreshing coverage of Creighton. Everyone and their extended families has tried to tap into the same old stuff in regards to game analysis, recruiting, and features. He chose a more creative avenue and I think there is great value in what he does.

It's a schtick, and an annoying one at that. I don't want to wade through his schtick to read the analysis of a basketball game.
minakirogue

Postby wes134 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Crowd was great last night...

the crowd was great in the second half, however the security on the other hand........Not sure if this warrants a second thread but what was the deal with the security check last night. Took me 30 min to get through. what is the point of the clear bag if they still check everything out. makes no sense. Now i am all for security at events and all but it should not take 30 minutes to get through. Hire more people, set up more lines something. The people next to us got in with about 12 minutes in the half. Honestly the line was moving faster before the clear bag policy. I shouldn't have to get in the door 30 min. before tip off to actually get to my seat by tip off. I mean what's the deal.........
Feed the Toby the Ball!!!! The Toby is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby xsshooter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Random thoughts:

Crowd was great in 2nd half.

Freshman made some freshman mistakes, but those two will be great. Mitch play stellar D in the second half.

Martin keeps getting better.

Zones and half court game still worry me. Speaking of zone, I thought we should have played some of that in the 2nd half when St. John went cold from the outside and seemed to get to the rim at will.

Need separate security lines for those without bags.
xsshooter

Postby Altman's Advisor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:39 pm

minakirogue wrote:
Altman's Advisor wrote:As someone who has gotten to know him pretty well through covering the Jays, I can tell you that Alex is actually providing some refreshing coverage of Creighton. Everyone and their extended families has tried to tap into the same old stuff in regards to game analysis, recruiting, and features. He chose a more creative avenue and I think there is great value in what he does.

It's a schtick, and an annoying one at that. I don't want to wade through his schtick to read the analysis of a basketball game.

It’s a sporting event. You may want to lighten up.
Altman's Advisor

Postby Polyfro » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:42 pm

A bit belated today (sorry!), but here's the Morning After recap with all the usual stats, analysis, quotes, the best tweets of the night, and the Bluejay Beat podcast. Nick Bahe subbed with Matt D. on this one, as Jon had to catch a 5am flight to DC to try and beat the approaching winter storm. Enjoy everyone, and Go Jays!

http://whiteandbluereview.com/morning-a ... hns-78-71/
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Realhoops » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 pm

xsshooter wrote:Random thoughts:

Crowd was great in 2nd half.

Freshman made some freshman mistakes, but those two will be great. Mitch play stellar D in the second half.

Martin keeps getting better.

Zones and half court game still worry me. Speaking of zone, I thought we should have played some of that in the 2nd half when St. John went cold from the outside and seemed to get to the rim at will.

Need separate security lines for those without bags.

There are always separate lines for those without bags.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby go_jays » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm

cu8493 wrote:I will also say I think Marcus has been so much more within the system this year and particularly last night down the stretch. In at least a couple of our losses, things seemed to really fall apart when Marcus appeared to think he had to force matters and ended up taking low percentage shots and turning the ball over or otherwise getting us into tough positions. There was a little of that during the last part of St. Johns 14-0 run to end the first half. But, he composed himself and made great decisions with the ball in the second half, including the decision to kick the ball back out to KT for the game-sealing 3. I also really like the way he has been encouraging the freshmen, never seems to get down on them for making a mistake or missing a shot, and by all appearances is just as happy when someone else makes a big shot.

Nailed it. The end of the first half was the blueprint we'd been following so far this year. The second half was, hopefully, the new blueprint. We'll see... but I think the lesson finally sunk in last night. Their response to the St. John's run (and you could actually say "runs"... because the beginning of the second half also started with a Johnnies run) was really gratifying to see for Mac and the entire staff, I am sure.
go_jays

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Realhoops wrote:There are always separate lines for those without bags.

This is true. Upstairs last night however, the "express" lane actually moved slower than the bag checking lane. No joke and no exaggeration. The real problem is that the MECA security people are just plain slow.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jaybird » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:20 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Realhoops wrote:There are always separate lines for those without bags.

This is true. Upstairs last night however, the "express" lane actually moved slower than the bag checking lane. No joke and no exaggeration. The real problem is that the MECA security people are just plain slow.

Sunday, I had my regulation bag and a pair of binoculars. That's all I was carrying. I decided on our way in I didn't need no damn bag just for binoculars, so I had it, empty and folded up, in one hand and my binocs in the other. But to be sure I wouldn't cause swat teams to scramble, I asked the storm trooper MECA lady barking out orders to everybody if I was clear to go to the express line. She said, "no, you have a bag" I said, "but there's nothing in the bag". She said, "I understand, but you still have to go to the bag line". I muttered, "I'm not sure you do understand", but by then she was back to bellowing, and my line future had been determined. This whole bag protocol may be a bit more complex than I realized. Or maybe it's just really simple. If you have a bag, or you just got one in the mail and left it at home, or you once saw a bag, it's the bag line for you.
Jaybird

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops