Georgetown Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Georgetown Game Thread

Postby Jaybird » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:11 pm

section221jay wrote:Providence putting X away.

That SH loss will sting all year.

I think Xavier got bitten by the dreaded look-ahead game. X plays at Villanova Wednesday. Nova better be careful against Marquette tonight (differences though are that they've had a week of downtime and they're coming off a loss as it is).

Oh, and give it up for cuffy. Other than getting our point total, G'town's point total and the final point spread wrong, (in fact, not even close, none of it) he nailed it.
Jaybird

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:34 pm

CU Final Four wrote:
. by CU Final Four » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Creighton 85
Georgetown 70

Creighton 90
Georgetown 66

Repeat after me: I will no longer question the genius, insight and analysis of CUFF.

For bball, I will give you this one, for politics and environmental causes screw you. Sorry for feeding the troll everyone.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby drbluejay » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Another good 2nd half as the Jays win the 2nd half battle 45 - 39
Joseph once again looks pretty sharp to me.
I think he has played very well everytime he has seen action.
Joseph looks like the real deal to me.
Is it just a matter of time before he is in the rotation?
Mintz and Toby were magnificent tonight.
drbluejay

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Back from the game. A few thoughts:

* Creighton's home crowds aren't always as loud as they could be, but man, Georgetown's atmosphere sucked. I don't care what the official attendance number says, there weren't more than 4,000 people in that cavernous arena, and 300+ of them were Jays fans. The loudest the arena got was during halftime when all the mascots of DC's sports teams played a four-on-four, full court game of basketball.

* Don't know if this came across in the broadcast, but Mac took Foster aside four separate times during the game.

* The Jays defense was stellar, repeatedly denying Georgetown the ability to post up. By the second half they were settling for poor jumpers.

* Wonderful game by Mintz. He ran the point well with 17 points, 6 assists, and ZERO turnovers.

* Creighton really didn't shoot the ball all that well. Georgetown is really terrible.

* Others have said this, but that Seton Hall loss could be the big "what if" of the season.

Go Jays!
DC_JAY

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:22 pm

We're right where we need to be, 2nd-3rd with 1 loss, and in striking distance of the lead. Keep winning.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:04 pm

One thing to add:

Most of us are shrugging our shoulders and saying "yep, good game." It's easy to lose sight of the fact that the Bluejays just went on the road against Georgetown and ran them out of the gym. Who would have thought days like this were possible 10, 20, 30 years ago? Creighton. At Georgetown. Wins by 24. Back then just seeing the word Georgetown on a jersey would have awed the Jays and their fans.
DC_JAY

Postby T-bone » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm

+1
T-bone

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Well said DC_Jay. Yep the good ole days when Nova, Gtown, Kansas, and the rest would never, ever give us a game. Now we play Nova and Gtwn 2-3 x's a year. Times change.

Glad to be in year 5 of the Big East...times do change. Not missing the "good ole days" a bit, not one bit. #RollJays. ;)

How did Nova get a week off, without a Bemidje State game?
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Creighton is now a consistent top 25 team. We are among the elite of college basketball.

As fans, need to get over our inferiority complex; to the extent it exists. No more grinders against the likes of Drake.

Kansas, UNC, Duke and Michigan State have nothing on us now. Picture us in your mind’s eye playing the Jayhawks in Omaha for a trip to the Final Four. It could happen and we could win it.

MF is nearly always good for 20 plus.

Maybe a breakthrough game for DM today. Solid ball handling and great shooting from 3.

TH won’t shoot the 3 like that all year, but opponents are on notice. A hardnosed player. Senior toughness and leadership here.

MK is not only the most improved player in the BE, he is the enforcer we need down low. Love his rebounding and FG percentage.

KT is our glue guy and lock down defender. A real gem.

Ronnie is a personal favorite of CUFF. Great ball handler, tough on the boards and a sweet shot.

MB: a slick player and future star.

If we get the mental game right, look out. Who is our captain? It looks like KT or MK to me.

This could be our best team ever. Yeah, I said it.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Durango Jay » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Joseph on that block.. :shock:

I would say that was probably the most athletic play I've seen in a Bluejay uniform. Unreal hops.
Durango Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops