Butler game thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Butler game thread

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Need to hold home court if we are to finish in the top four of the league.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Butler game thread

Postby DC_JAY » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Line is Creighton -1. I'm surprised it's essentially even in Omaha.
DC_JAY

Postby DC_JAY » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 pm

DC_JAY wrote:Line is Creighton -1. I'm surprised it's essentially even in Omaha.

Nevermind. Line is Jays -7.5. For some reason ESPN listed it incorrectly. This is about what I expected.
DC_JAY

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:54 pm

I heard the GREAT Steve Lavin on the radio tonight. He’s seen Butler twice. Thinks they have improved. Likes the new coach. Thought the season turning point might have been when Butler beat old coach who is now at Ohio State. Considering that the Buckeyes spanked the Spartans, that’s a good win.

Said K. Martin is the leader.

Also is of the opinion that BE is the best league in the country. Put Creighton in top 4 of the league.

High praise for Mac. Interesting that he said Mac adapted to talent. Said we play a unique style that is hard to prepare for; especially in March. If a team can get to the Sweet Sixteen, anything can happen.

Added. Bahe doing the TV color on FS1. Lavin will be filming a documentary on Dollar Beer Night.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby go_jays » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Mac really did adapt to his players. If you really take a close up and personal look at this team... You've got a bunch of HYPER types (save Hegner)... A bumch of pseudo PGs that outgrew that position (of course some haven't)... Who love to throw the ball around and shoot 3s. So I have no doubt he said... WTH, I can't control these guys... Let's just turn 'em loose and see what happens. Harrell would be the poster child for that.

I'm serious.

Also, he's right about anything can happen if we get to the S16. We have a REALLY high ceiling... can get hot and explode on anyone at any given time. On the other hand, we have a really low floor too... we can completely tank/STB at any given time too... as we've already seen. But hopefully, that is behind us.
go_jays

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 pm

RVB

Postby Polyfro » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:29 am

Here's the Primer. Butler's been a far different team away from Hinkle this year -- almost 20 fewer points per game, nearly a 20% difference in shooting percentage -- and combined with Kelan Martin going against #Khyrifense and a well-lubricated fanbase on $1 beer night the Jays should easily cover the 7-point Vegas spread.

For fun, I put together a little video compilation of Steve Lavin name-dropping dollar beer night on FS1 time after time and his fellow analysts giving him a hard time about it; Lavin's the best.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame-p ... eer-night/
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby section202jay » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am

I feel like we'll win by double digits, but every time I expect something with this team they do the opposite.

Should be a good home crowd tonight. It'd be a very nice win and put Butler at below .500 in the league.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby jaybacker11 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

The most important part of this season so far has been the ability of our undersized bigs to rebound. I've been really impressed with it (besides Delgado's rebounding dominance against us). With the size of our bigs, being 35th in the nation in rebounding is really really impressive. Great job coach Mac. Shout out Coach Gordy.
jaybacker11

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 am

Polyfro wrote:Here's the Primer. Butler's been a far different team away from Hinkle this year -- almost 20 fewer points per game, nearly a 20% difference in shooting percentage -- and combined with Kelan Martin going against #Khyrifense and a well-lubricated fanbase on $1 beer night the Jays should easily cover the 7-point Vegas spread.

For fun, I put together a little video compilation of Steve Lavin name-dropping dollar beer night on FS1 time after time and his fellow analysts giving him a hard time about it; Lavin's the best.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame-p ... eer-night/

whoa - a Nate King reference

you've all heard the stories that Brice Nengsu would make us forget the name rodney buford

well - nate king actually owns the top of that sort of list

he played at the same juco as 'grandmama' larry johnson - and we were told that Nate King was BETTER than LJ - i heard that again and again from the 'people in the know' at the old gym

yeah - notsomuch - and thus ended the rick johnson era of cu hoops
cujaysfan

Next

Return to Men's Hoops