Xavier Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Xavier Game Thread

Postby RVB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 pm

RVB

Re: Xavier Game Thread

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Macura is their Grant Gibbs. If he is on your team, you love him. If he’s on the other team, you hate him.

X wins in a close one.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby jays911 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 pm

X is overrated. We win this game.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby cu8493 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 am

Let's come home with everyone healthy this year.
cu8493

Postby Durango Jay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 am

jays911 wrote:X is overrated. We win this game.

Yes. Bring them on.
Durango Jay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

Desperate Xavier team at home gives me pause in thinking we win this one. They will not want to be on a three game losing streak after Saturday afternoon.

We do play well at Cintas, however. We have a .500 win percentage there since joining the Big East.

Our studs need to be studs tomorrow to win. It would be nice to have a Ballock or Alexander conference coming out game as well.

Be more physical in the paint and rebounds and we will have a shot.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 am

BoarCommaThe wrote:Desperate Xavier team at home gives me pause in thinking we win this one. They will not want to be on a three game losing streak after Saturday afternoon.

We do play well at Cintas, however. We have a .500 win percentage there since joining the Big East.

Our studs need to be studs tomorrow to win. It would be nice to have a Ballock or Alexander conference coming out game as well.

Be more physical in the paint and rebounds and we will have a shot.

We have to show up ready for a dog fight. This is the BE where road games can be brutal, and Xavier is a talented team desperate to end a losing streak.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am

Didn't Xavier go on quite an extended losing streak last season before the Big East Tournament before blowing up in the NCAAT?
Losing three in a row is possible for them because of last season's slump I think.

And I would hate Macura if he was on our team. I have disliked some of our players in the past who were hotheaded and I would definitely dislike Macura. He has the most punchable face ever.

I consider Xavier a new rival of sorts. No team in the Big East would I rather beat more.

I am not expecting to win tomorrow but I do expect a close game.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Polyfro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

In advance of Saturday's game at #10 Xavier, take a look at Creighton's gameplan against the X zone defense, get an update on redshirts Jacob Epperson and Damien Jefferson's progress, and more in our new pregame feature "Lettin' It Fly."

http://whiteandbluereview.com/lettin-it ... 10-xavier/

(And don't worry, the Primer isn't going anywhere. This is a new feature from Matt D. that we hope to do before games if our readers enjoy it!)
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby mannygakou » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

Old MVC Days wrote:And I would hate Macura if he was on our team. I have disliked some of our players in the past who were hotheaded and I would definitely dislike Macura. He has the most punchable face ever.

mannygakou

Next

Return to Men's Hoops