Xavier Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Xavier Game Thread

Postby cu8493 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 am

Gibbs is no Macura. Few people on other teams not named North Carolina hated Gibbs. Did Gibbs ever drop his pants in a bar?
cu8493

Postby Jaybird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 am

Gus Johnson said over the weekend that Louisville is going hard after Chris Mack. Why would he even listen? He's got a good gig as it is and, anyway, wouldn't that be a little like buying a ticket on the Titanic right after it hit the iceberg? (Not that they were selling tickets at that point. They were too busy sinking, like L'ville).
Jaybird

Postby PhoenixBluejay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 am

There are a few reasons why Chris Mack would go to Louisville:
1. Big Money
2. Big name school
3. Prostitute abundance
4. Recruiting ability
5. Close to the Kentucky Derby
PhoenixBluejay

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

Xavier's last 7 conference games before the BE tournament last year:
Lost to Villanova (home)
Lost to Providence (away)
Lost to Marquette (away)
Lost to Seton Hall (away)
Lost to Butler (home)
Lost to Marquette (home)
beat DePaul (away)
Mike

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:08 pm

mannygakou wrote:
Old MVC Days wrote:And I would hate Macura if he was on our team. I have disliked some of our players in the past who were hotheaded and I would definitely dislike Macura. He has the most punchable face ever.

Not at all who I was referring to. I was thinking more along the lines of S'Allen Pinnett and that guy we had that had a last name that started with the letter Z.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby section202jay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Polyfro wrote:In advance of Saturday's game at #10 Xavier, take a look at Creighton's gameplan against the X zone defense, get an update on redshirts Jacob Epperson and Damien Jefferson's progress, and more in our new pregame feature "Lettin' It Fly."

http://whiteandbluereview.com/lettin-it ... 10-xavier/

I am really excited to see Jefferson play next season. He's got the perfect size for a guard in the Big East and hopefully that will allow us to continue our good defensive play.

As for tomorrow's game, I will miss it due to Paw Patrol Live at the Orpheum Theater. Will be following on my phone. Hope there's decent reception in that old building.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby jaysfan719 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Polyfro wrote:In advance of Saturday's game at #10 Xavier, take a look at Creighton's gameplan against the X zone defense, get an update on redshirts Jacob Epperson and Damien Jefferson's progress, and more in our new pregame feature "Lettin' It Fly."

http://whiteandbluereview.com/lettin-it ... 10-xavier/

(And don't worry, the Primer isn't going anywhere. This is a new feature from Matt D. that we hope to do before games if our readers enjoy it!)

Keep em coming! Loved reading the updates on Jefferson/Epperson and about Ballock's shooting slump. I check W&BR multiple times a day and was excited to see there was a new article! Thanks for all you guys do.
jaysfan719

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Mack has family in the Lou - I want to say his wife is from there.
HandDownManDown

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Good insight in that Lettin' it Fly segment. Really liking the elevated work from White and Blue Review this year. Use to rely on Overtime and Bluejay Banter for what was happening, but the Bluejay Bytes and after game segments are phenomenal.

Hope that we can contain Macura and Blueitt and not let anyone go off from deep. Kanter is a beast down low with a really nice post game, but if Ronnie, Martin and Toby can play like they have down low so far in conference we should be ok. Run, run and run some more.

Jays 87 X 84
Eye of the Jay

Postby Dundee Hipster » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Good insight in that Lettin' it Fly segment. Really liking the elevated work from White and Blue Review this year. Use to rely on Overtime and Bluejay Banter for what was happening, but the Bluejay Bytes and after game segments are phenomenal.

+1. No offense to the Bluejay Banter guys (who are they anymore anyway?) but I haven't listen to one of their postgames in probably two years. W&BR is head and shoulders above BJB.
Dundee Hipster

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops