Jacob Epperson

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Jacob Epperson

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Not that homily...the 1st part where he clues me in on coaching traits and habits, was well said.

GTMO, have you ever heard of Bill Belichick? Coaches are almost universally lacking in transparency (and timeliness) in discussing injuries and the condition of players to media outlets that may be accessed by opponents.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.

Postby go_jays » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
go_jays wrote:Some here seemed to imply that Epperson's surgery was elective. Sounds to me like in Mac's interview it was a necessity... that he was having issues practicing and stopped a week before the surgery. My guess is that they wanted to see if some rest would help it.... and apparently it didn't.

The reason I bring that up is that several criticized Mac for Epperson having "elective" surgery. Do haters wanna hate?

Anybody know the facts here?

I brought up the "elective" surgery bit as it was not publicized by the staff that Epperson was having practice issues, and that the surgery in question was a necessity. go_jays is attempting to make a larger issue out of it. It is great in hindsight of a recent interview for go_jays to be critical of folks who merely questioned the timing of such surgery. I did not "criticize" Coach as go_jays suggests. Not a matter of "hating" as go_jays expresses, but a matter of lack of communications by staff and a misperception inferred by such lack of communications.

Oooops... I think I hit a nerve... ;)

Postby Realhoops » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then ... I contradict myself.
I am large ... I contain multitudes.
--Walt Whitman

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:56 am

What a great interview from Jacob. He will be fun to watch. His personality is just so positive. Glad your a Jay Jacob. Go Jays!

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 am

With redshirt off, Creighton freshman Jacob Epperson is eager to help up front

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... 5f22a.html

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 am

Jacob's mom was very complimentary of coaches on Twitter. Her quote, "We totally support coach McDermott, staff and players, we couldn't have chosen a more caring, team focused coaching staff and group of young players, so proud of Jacob, he is blessed to be part of the program & debut on Creighton's pink out game a privilege."

EDIT: This was in response to a tweet that had a quote from coach, "We had a long talk with his parents on Thursday night and again on Friday morning...really an unselfish decision by him and his parents. If he or they had said no, we wouldn't have done it."
Savannah Jay

Postby section202jay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 am

I think I had only heard him interviewed once or twice prior to Saturday. His impromptu interview on the court was pretty good. Even though he isn't in peak shape, having a guy that's a threat to roll to the basket is huge now. It'll give space to Marcus and Khyri to finish in the paint instead of running into multiple defenders. In a couple weeks he'll be finishing at the rim better.
Twitter @PRspcDerek

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 pm

I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four
Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby JaysWinJaysWin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 pm

Jacob basically is playing for Marcus and Khyri. Marcus is a senior. I want Khyri to be back but he will be leaving. Jacob will be really special. It starts now. Jacob is giving up a year for Marcus and Khyri. Maybe they do it anyway. But maybe they need him.

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Ultimately Epperson is making the right call. Worst case scenario he gives Toby some rest time and gets introduced to how physical this league is and comes ready to make a significant contribution next year.

As to whether Khyri is ready to go pro or not, seems unlikely to me, but I though Patton would stay one more...who knows.

Return to Men's Hoops