DePaul Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

DePaul Game Thread

Postby RVB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 pm

RVB

Re: DePaul Game Thread

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am

I dread any away game. This game included. Might be hard to guard Strus. I imagine Thomas will be on Cain?
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

We're only favored by 7 on KenPom as Depaul isn't a dreadful team this year. It's still a game we should and need to win. Hoping for a start similar to the Georgetown game and a 20 point lead built so Mac can start a good rotation that includes lots of time for JE, Mitch, Tyshon, Kaleb. They need to continue to get minutes so that by the time Saturday and other big games roll around they can give us valuable minutes.

Obviously, if the game is close or we fall behind then ride Khyri and Marcus, but hopefully this isn't the case as our starters need rest.

Jays 79 Depaul 65
Eye of the Jay

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 pm

i don't think depaul has gotten the attendance bump they were hoping out of the new facility

i wouldn't bet against a well oiled Jay contingent being louder than the home fans

of course - this year - perhaps they can chant 'we don't want Tugs'
cujaysfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 pm

The Demons are averaging 6,200 in conference games, although maybe they count seats sold, like we do. They had 5,600 for their last home gain, against Seton Hall.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby GI Jay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm

I will be there with 3 other Jays fans. I'm expecting quite a large Bluejay contingent there as well.
GI Jay

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:The Demons are averaging 6,200 in conference games, although maybe they count seats sold, like we do. They had 5,600 for their last home gain, against Seton Hall.

They almost always announced ~4k people at their games in Rosemont, so take those figures with a grain of salt.

If this wasn't a weeknight game, I'd be there with my kids. Tipoff is after their bedtime though, so I'm watching from home. We should still outnumber them.
SendDustyIn

Postby section202jay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:46 pm

We dominated them in Allstate Arena, but also a house of horrors of sorts with injuries. Let's start a new, positive history in the new place.

Jays 82
DePaul 71
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby LJay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 pm

So DePaul hired Tugs, JE and Tyger Campbell’s HS coach to try and attract Tyger to DePaul. Tyger committed to UCLA yesterday.

Thud.
75 - 65
LJay

Postby vjay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

They count tix sold for sure... Having been there for work a few times, Wintrust Arena reminds me a lot of Redbird Arena based on size and a ton of exposed cement - except they have blue seats instead of red as well as a suite area on the first level on one side only.

The building certainly has the elements to get loud if they ever got people to go. It’s “new” but it does not “wow”...

As far as anyone going to the game, there’s not much around the arena yet outside of Pisano’s and a Marriott Marquis. The place where they are holding the alumni event is even a decent hike away from the arena.

Noteworthy: if you park at McCormick Place, it’s $23 - however, if you leave pretty much within 20 minutes of the game ending they have the gates up (so don’t prepay).
vjay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops