Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: DePaul Game Thread

Postby SDJay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
JayPak wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:the last two defensive game plans have been a little baffling

Does that mean it was a poor scout?

We've been putting a lot of pressure on Hegner to play D and to stay out of foul trouble, particularly without Martin able to play.
I think our best configuration is to play him the opposing center solo and force teams to beat us one on one with only a bit of help here and there.

Mirac is a tough guy to play solo (he''s a crafty post player who is big and physical), and the way the game was called made it really difficult for Hegner last night. I might have liked to see us bring more help for him, even if it was a delayed run at him after he caught the ball. Have Hegner work to keep him off the block and then bring some help if and when he got the ball.

We didn't seem to have practiced that much as we looked pretty bad at it when Epps was in, but that may have been his inexperience.

I think the foul calls had a big impact on our defensive (and offensive) game plan. Doesn't help that our PG play was poor and allowed the ball to stick a lot

Let’s not forget how well Toby played against Georgetown VS. Govan & crew, & SH/Delgado . He has been forced to play extended minutes, out of position, against some pretty talented post players since Martin went down, on two gimpy ankles.
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"
SDJay

Postby RVB » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 am

Jon's notes from the game: Jays get needed minutes from Tyler Clement and Manny Suarez

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... 8a652.html
RVB

Postby RVB » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 am

Creighton battled on the boards when it mattered most at DePaul

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/cre ... cd394.html
RVB

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops