So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Re: Xavier Game Thread

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Holly Sonders will be in the house!
TrueBlueJay

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:01 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Holly Sonders will be in the house!

@wildjays
5h5 hours ago
More
Creighton / Xavier gets @TimBrando, @lenelmore and @holly_sonders Saturday on FOX. Getting pumped for this game already. #gojays

Let's just win this game so we can punch our ticket to the dance...
Jet915

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:35 am

Jet915 wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:Holly Sonders will be in the house!

@wildjays
5h5 hours ago
More
Creighton / Xavier gets @TimBrando, @lenelmore and @holly_sonders Saturday on FOX. Getting pumped for this game already. #gojays

Let's just win this game so we can punch our ticket to the dance...

There seem to be a lot of people who are acting like the Jays need some huge upset yet to get into the tourney. I don’t get it. Bracket Matrix tracks over 100 bracket experts and their projections and every single one of those 100+ has the Jays in right now. And not just “in” but solidly in, as a 6 seed. The Jays aren’t even close to being on the bubble or in danger. And those projections. Aren’t all anticipating the Jays pulling off a win over a top 5 team as the basis for being in.

If the Jays just keep on winning the games they are supposed to, they are solidly in. A win over X or Nova in addition might push the Jays up a seed line or something, but losing those games isn’t going to take the Hays out of the tourney.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby DC_JAY » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 am

I don't think it's a matter of having to beat Xavier in order to get into the Dance. Rather, I think he means that if the Jays beat Xavier, they will be locks. I tend to agree. If the Jays win Saturday, it's just a matter of seeding. Even an epic collapse would not prevent them from dancing.

And speaking of seeding, a win against X bumps them up a line into the 5 range.
DC_JAY

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am

I note that we are playing another ranked team. In the old MVC days this was rare. X is number 5 and ready to move up with a win over us. X will be fired up to continue what may be its best regular season ever.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 am

CU Final Four wrote:I note that we are playing another ranked team. In the old MVC days this was rare. X is number 5 and ready to move up with a win over us. X will be fired up to continue what may be its best regular season ever.

but we did play 4 times against sweet 16 teams in 2006 in conference alone

It is nice to be able to play ranked teams week after week so that a loss on the road doesn't automatically tank our chances.
Chicagojayfan

Postby cu8493 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 am

But does it have to be on Big Fox? If I recall correctly, we have yet to win a game on this channel. - and our next time on Big Fox is against Nova. I guess the odds should swing in our favor sooner or later. Anyone have a JoBu?
cu8493

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am

DC_JAY wrote:I don't think it's a matter of having to beat Xavier in order to get into the Dance. Rather, I think he means that if the Jays beat Xavier, they will be locks. I tend to agree. If the Jays win Saturday, it's just a matter of seeding. Even an epic collapse would not prevent them from dancing.

And speaking of seeding, a win against X bumps them up a line into the 5 range.

This.
Jet915

Next

Return to Men's Hoops