Xavier Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Xavier Game Thread

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Cufan10

It never stops with just one review or one type of review. It grows and grows.

So with your slow-mo review, the guy who made the call is going to reverse himself? And while 18,000 are screaming at him.
I don’t think so. And he loses confidence in his own real time calls. The fans second guess everything.

Basketball is a game of pace and speed. Flow. Momentum. Not like football at all. There are meetings before every football play.

You expect perfection from college basketball. If it was perfect, teams would shoot 100% from the field and the line. No turnovers and certainly no fouls. Basketball is not perfect. Life isn’t perfect. Reality.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby cubbiejay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Is Evon Burroughs really Frank Drebin in disguise?

cubbiejay

Postby Polyfro » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 pm

I gotta hand it to J.P.; he could teach a master class in trolling opposing fanbases. I still dislike his antics, but I respect it. This was posted an hour after the game!

It's so much fun when villains embrace their villainous role. :lol:
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Alphawalt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Could we/should we have won the game but for a bad call? Certainly. However, if we hadn’t gotten OWNED on inside scoring and rebounding, this game would not even have been close. The reality is it doesn’t matter if we are a 5 seed or 8 seed, we aren’t going far in the tourney this year because the current condition of our front court is not tournament worthy. A game could be won on scoring and great backcourt play, if shooting is phenomenal, but not otherwise. History has taught us we usually lose to a team that has better front court play in the tourney, this year won’t be any different. We have done well this year as a program, just not the team that can possibly make the sweet 16. We have had better teams in the past that only won 1 tourney game. I still think we are overall going in the right direction with our time in the BE so far.
Alphawalt

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Polyfro wrote:I gotta hand it to J.P.; he could teach a master class in trolling opposing fanbases. I still dislike his antics, but I respect it. This was posted an hour after the game!

It's so much fun when villains embrace their villainous role. :lol:

agree - a villain on the court and program - X and jp provide that - make the BE all the more fun

however - stuff like this makes the washington post 'JP is just a super nice kid who is misunderstood' article kind of a joke
cujaysfan

Postby Big Ben » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Alphawalt wrote:Could we/should we have won the game but for a bad call? Certainly. However, if we hadn’t gotten OWNED on inside scoring and rebounding, this game would not even have been close. The reality is it doesn’t matter if we are a 5 seed or 8 seed, we aren’t going far in the tourney this year because the current condition of our front court is not tournament worthy. A game could be won on scoring and great backcourt play, if shooting is phenomenal, but not otherwise. History has taught us we usually lose to a team that has better front court play in the tourney, this year won’t be any different. We have done well this year as a program, just not the team that can possibly make the sweet 16. We have had better teams in the past that only won 1 tourney game. I still think we are overall going in the right direction with our time in the BE so far.

I tend to agree with this, front court play was really bad yesterday, and not likely to get better in the next month. Unless we got a real favorable matchup in the tourney, I don’t think we are going to do much this year.
Big Ben

Postby drbluejay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Xavier was just flat out lucky to beat us, plain and simple.
If only we had Krampelj, we win by double figures.
We also have to play with the cards we are dealt.
drbluejay

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm

The problem is the officials are dealing from the bottom of the deck. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

I think people are frustrated not only from the horrible call at the end but also at the fact that we played subpar and still almost stole a W from the #5 team. Our defense was really good in the 2nd half but we have no post presence down low on either ends of the court. We can’t rely on Marcus to hit every single jump shot he takes. Hope the players and coaches adjust and get back to our free-flowing offense that sees more guys get to the rim for easy points in the paint or kick outs.

Marcus’ insane offensive ability + Khyri’s insane defenensive ability make us a top 25 ball club but it would be nice to not put all our eggs in one basket and get this team developing into a sweet 16 squad
Eye of the Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:20 pm

"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops