2018 NCAA Tournament

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Just watched the mock selection show on CBS, with Bruce talking about the 16 teams. Here's how it looked
SOUTH-Atlanta
1. Virginia
2.Cincinnati
3. Michigan St
4. Tennessee
EAST-Boston
1.Villanova
2.Duke
3.Texas Tech
4.Ohio St
MIDWEST-Omaha
1. Xavier
2.Auburn
3.Clemson
4.Oklahoma
WEST-LA
1.Purdue
2. Kansas
3.North Carolina
4. Arizona

They then had Jerry Palm on with his updated bracket using the committees top 16, and he had the Jays as a 6 in the West against Washington.
Was surprised to see Oklahoma as a 4 with the tailspin they're in. Thought Rhode Island or Gonzaga would be in over them
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

 

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby bluejaydano » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:06 pm

I would rather see Kansas in the Midwest so the secondary market for Regional tickets here in Omaha is through the roof.
bluejaydano
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 pm

bluejaydano wrote:I would rather see Kansas in the Midwest so the secondary market for Regional tickets here in Omaha is through the roof.


That's a big assumption to think KU is going to make it to the sweet 16.
User avatar
TrueBlueJay
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:26 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby CPJays » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:21 am

I promise this isn't how it ends up so really don't worry about it.
CPJays
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby cu8493 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 am

So the Big X(iv) sucks this year by all accounts and yet they deserve 3 top 4 seeds? How does that work? Would not mind getting in any bracket opposite a Big X(iv) team.** And when is the last time you saw a team with a .500 league record get a top 4 seed (OU)? I think the committee has some work to do.

**other than Purdue. They would kill us inside.
cu8493
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby SDJay » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

cu8493 wrote:So the Big X(iv) sucks this year by all accounts and yet they deserve 3 top 4 seeds? How does that work? Would not mind getting in any bracket opposite a Big X(iv) team.** And when is the last time you saw a team with a .500 league record get a top 4 seed (OU)? I think the committee has some work to do.

**other than Purdue. They would kill us inside.

+1 ^^^^^^
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"
SDJay
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 am
Location: Near Lake Wobegon

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby JayPak » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am

Worst matchups for Creighton... Purdue, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Washington, Baylor, Virginia, Xavier, West Virginia. No particular order.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
User avatar
JayPak
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 am

JayPak wrote:Worst matchups for Creighton... Purdue, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Washington, Baylor, Virginia, Xavier, West Virginia. No particular order.


I feel ya, but let's get in 1st. Would luv Cincy or Bama, lol. From up here in the cheap seats there are no bad matchups, just good games. ;)
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2606
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 am

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
Bracket Matrix has us as the last 6 seed, with Wichita, Florida, and Kentucky in front of us, and the 7's behind us are Arizona St, St.Mary's, Miami and Seton Hall.
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby ictjay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
JayPak wrote:Worst matchups for Creighton... Purdue, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Washington, Baylor, Virginia, Xavier, West Virginia. No particular order.


I feel ya, but let's get in 1st. Would luv Cincy or Bama, lol. From up here in the cheap seats there are no bad matchups, just good games. ;)


Jays are way better off being the dog based on history.
User avatar
ictjay
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Wichta Kansas

Next

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LJay and 4 guests