2018 NCAA Tournament

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament

Postby drbluejay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 am

History will always say Creighton was the last team to beat National Champion, Nova.
drbluejay

Postby cufan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 am

drbluejay wrote:History will always say Creighton was the last team to beat National Champion, Nova.

meaningless stat that nobody outside of the Creighton fan base will ever know. The type of thing 2nd rate programs cling to. Let's not push this too hard.
cufan

Postby 3ontheway » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:31 am

Hoping the program is striving to make a different kind of "history", but yes, that was the highlight of the season and a good W.

History will also consider it a "coat tails" win....
3ontheway

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 am

cu8493 wrote:I will be shocked if Brunson comes back. The way he left the court, his embrace with Jay, how he handled the trophy, etc., just seemed to me like a guy who has already determined his time at Nova is through. I think it highly likely Paschall and Spellman go also. I know Spellman is a frosh (redshirt), but he has the size, strength, an excellent shot (50% overall and 43% from 3), and rebounds. He will get a look. Paschall has two championships and is a redshirt junior. What more is there for him to accomplish? We will see, but won't surprise me in the least for them to lose 4 starters.

Paschall does have two, but he didn't play in 2016 as that was his redshirt year.

By most experts' analyses (for whatever that's worth), Bridges is the best NBA prospect right now. A top 10 pick in almost every mock draft I've seen. I think he is the most likely to go, aside from Brunson.

This one has Bridges at no. 7, Khyri at 21, Brunson at 24

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2767853-2018-nba-mock-draft-predicting-1st-round-results-post-ncaa-tournament
Savannah Jay

Postby ictjay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 am

cufan wrote:
drbluejay wrote:History will always say Creighton was the last team to beat National Champion, Nova.

meaningless stat that nobody outside of the Creighton fan base will ever know. The type of thing 2nd rate programs cling to. Let's not push this too hard.

I agree.
ictjay

Postby Oldfan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 am

No doubt - sounds like something Husker fans would cling to - a program that aims to compete at the highest level doesnt toot it’s horn for beating the N.C. in the regular season.
Oldfan

Postby Jays26 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:07 am

:roll:

Let's act like we have been there.

Although I know we haven't been there but let's at least act like we have.

As others have said, that is something sker fans say.
Jays26

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 am

Jays26 wrote:

:roll:

Let's act like we have been there.

Although I know we haven't been there but let's at least act like we have.

As others have said, that is something sker fans say.

And announcers until the next time they lose. "The last time Nova lost was at Creighton in OT on Feb. 24." If they put together a nice win streak to start the season, we'll hear about it again in January. Let's be honest, they eat that shit up during a win streak.

It was brought up for both Michigan, and Loyola. That game was also the subject of a WSJ article talking about the turning point in the season where they realized they couldn't just win on offense alone. Let's not cling to hard to it, but we'll hear about it again a couple of times next year.
SendDustyIn

Postby CPJays » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 am

There is nothing wrong with remembering a really fun game where you beat the eventual champs. That is part of being a fan remembering the big wins and way too many crushing losses.

When it gets dumb and annoying is when fans start bragging about it to legitimize the program. Remember it, celebrate it, add it to your annual W&B summer watch list when you need a basketball fix. Just don't use it as an argument to say we are a real program or whatever.
CPJays

Postby JaysWinJaysWin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 am

Beating Villanova was the highlight of the season. And Nova winning the championship makes it even more special. Nothing wrong remembering a great win. But Nova’s accomplishments in the tournament are theirs not ours. Congratulations to Villanova. And the Jays can look to getting some more big wins next year.
JaysWinJaysWin

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops