Bemidji State Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Bemidji State Game Thread

Postby Old MVC Days » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

There is no reason that Toby Hegner should play in this game. Get Marcus and Khyri roughly 15 minutes and let the others handle it. Beavers are a below average D2 team, no reason we can't put them away with the likes of Joseph, Ballock, Alexander, Suarez, Epperson, Clement and Scurry.

This is one game I'll actually be able to go to. So, yay?
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Re: Bemidji State Game Thread

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

thank god for this game (kinda)

if nothing else - it's the quick squeeze of lime after drinking the shitty tequila shot that was poured out of the bottle with the plastic sombrero lid - kill the taste as quickly as possible

cujaysfan

Postby bigredtank » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm

I hope that this glorified practice is over quickly and we can move on for Saturday night. Part of me hates this game being scheduled, but part of me says it may be what was needed to get over last week.
bigredtank

Postby section202jay » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:36 pm

I think this game is a lot more beneficial than last year's vs. Truman State. We have the chance to put Xavier behind us a little bit, play some of the guys who need a confidence booster, and stay in rhythm. Marquette has an entire week off and might show some rust Saturday. That's what I hope anyway.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby RVB » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Game Notes for Bemidji State at Creighton

http://gocreighton.com/news/2018/2/12/m ... esday.aspx
RVB

Postby cu8493 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Get Manny some work. We are still going to need him at some point this season, and we need him to do better than he did Saturday. Don't bet anyone hurt. Feed Ballock the ball for like 10 3s, so he can get a few to go down. If he could find some confidence in his three, that will really help come Saturday so he can hound that little Rowsey putz for good minutes while still providing some scoring threat.
cu8493

Postby Trifecta » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm

cu8493 wrote:Get Manny some work. We are still going to need him at some point this season, and we need him to do better than he did Saturday. Don't bet anyone hurt. Feed Ballock the ball for like 10 3s, so he can get a few to go down. If he could find some confidence in his three, that will really help come Saturday so he can hound that little Rowsey putz for good minutes while still providing some scoring threat.

I think this should be more of a "get Jacob some work" type of game. He needs all the minutes he can to get into game shape, gain confidence in our sets, gel with his teammates. This is the exact type of confidence-building game he needs right now...this is a team that he could easily get a double-double against. I'd love to see us run some stuff for him as back to the basket, post scorer as well.

Manny is what he is at this point...he's an emergency option and 5 fouls to give. Whereas Jacob has a much higher ceiling. It's likely they'll both get some minutes in this game, but the fact that we pulled JE's redshirt tells us all we need to know on the staff's plans for Manny going forward.
Last edited by Trifecta on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trifecta

Postby xsshooter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

Not a whole lot to look forward to with this game.

Hoping to see no injuries, and a good dose of Tyson, Mitch, Ronnie and Jacob, which should be a good preview of the core of the team next year.

If Joseph doesn't play at least half the game, then I think there is something rotten in Denmark. I'm starting to wonder if there is some attitude issue at play here. I think he is talented enough to be playing meaningful minutes, but doesn't sniff the floor.
xsshooter

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am

It's a good game to play everyone, starters for a short time and then liberally subbing in the rest. Scurry with 15 points.
The nonstarters get valuable PT and those in various slumps get them fixed. ;)
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Dundee Hipster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 am

If I was Joseph I would transfer again. Have one last go at a mid-major. Selfishly, I would want him to stay for an emergency role but he should go somewhere that desperately needs guards.
Dundee Hipster

Next

Return to Men's Hoops