2018-2019 Big East Off-Season

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2018-2019 Big East Off-Season

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

Hearing DePaul's Brandon Cyrus and Max Strus will explore option to transfer, Strus could be a Grad Transfer. Would be devastating to Leitao and maybe the last straw. Porter Moser would certainly be a name to watch if that job comes open.
hilltopalum

Re: 2018-2019 Big East Off-Season

Postby creightonotter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Hearing DePaul's Brandon Cyrus and Max Strus will explore option to transfer, Strus could be a Grad Transfer. Would be devastating to Leitao and maybe the last straw. Porter Moser would certainly be a name to watch if that job comes open.

But that new building tho :roll:
creightonotter

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:42 pm

look out for an ad in chicago trib sunday to fire depaul AD paid for by alumni and fans
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:24 am

cujaysfan wrote:look out for an ad in chicago trib sunday to fire depaul AD paid for by alumni and fans

I actually feel for the alumni and fans. The current AD seems to be a little clueless. It reminds me a little bit of our situation before Ras.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Polyfro » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 am

cujaysfan wrote:look out for an ad in chicago trib sunday to fire depaul AD paid for by alumni and fans

Things are getting mighty uncomfortable for the administration there -- the student newspaper investigated a conflict-of-interest controversy involving the AD and the naming rights contract for their new arena, which it's believed netted DePaul less money than it should have:

http://depauliaonline.com/33799/news/at ... greements/

And then the editorial board of the paper formally called for her resignation with a well-reasoned and factually-supported editorial:

http://depauliaonline.com/33819/sports/ ... epartment/

There's been a simmering distrust and frustration with their A.D. for a long time from big-time donors and alumni; those pieces brought it to a boil. The ad in Sunday's Tribune probably won't matter much as long as the school's leadership remains in the athletic director's corner, but it's a pretty giant vote of no confidence from their biggest pocketbooks and supporters, so it's impossible to ignore.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am

Problem is she is a DePaul alum but she needs to go ASAP.
Jet915

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am

Losing last night sucked. And it looked as if another door is closing on such a stellar group of athletes with Marcus (and probably Khyri) heading out the door and closing a chapter on Transfer/Omaha U that saw us land three stellar transfers and turn two unknown Omaha boys into first round picks.

But as Jays fans we’ve been here before. The cupboard has seemed empty as Doug, Jahens, Ethan and Grant walked out after a crushing defeat. But honestly we’ll be back and better than before. Our recruiting classes are getting better and we have talent on the horizon.

Honestly the NCAA tournament is a crap shoot. Look at Virginia last night as the most dominant team got flustered and went cold from the field. Marcus scoring 5 points in his last game is an anomaly. Sure fans are probably justified in their immediate overreactions but we’ll be just fine.

We’re a top 50 program with top 25 facilities and top 10 attendance numbers. Yes obviously we want to reach the Xavier Butler or Nova fame of the NCAA tourney but it’ll take more work and perseverance to get there. And trust me when it does happen that we reach the sweet 16 it’ll be so sweet you’ll have to get your blood sugar checked. I know it’s hard to see that light now but it’s there and we’ll succeed soon...very soon.
Eye of the Jay

Postby drbluejay » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Losing last night sucked. And it looked as if another door is closing on such a stellar group of athletes with Marcus (and probably Khyri) heading out the door and closing a chapter on Transfer/Omaha U that saw us land three stellar transfers and turn two unknown Omaha boys into first round picks.

But as Jays fans we’ve been here before. The cupboard has seemed empty as Doug, Jahens, Ethan and Grant walked out after a crushing defeat. But honestly we’ll be back and better than before. Our recruiting classes are getting better and we have talent on the horizon.

Honestly the NCAA tournament is a crap shoot. Look at Virginia last night as the most dominant team got flustered and went cold from the field. Marcus scoring 5 points in his last game is an anomaly. Sure fans are probably justified in their immediate overreactions but we’ll be just fine.

We’re a top 50 program with top 25 facilities and top 10 attendance numbers. Yes obviously we want to reach the Xavier Butler or Nova fame of the NCAA tourney but it’ll take more work and perseverance to get there. And trust me when it does happen that we reach the sweet 16 it’ll be so sweet you’ll have to get your blood sugar checked. I know it’s hard to see that light now but it’s there and we’ll succeed soon...very soon.

You have good eyes. I like what you see
drbluejay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:39 pm

"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Polyfro » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Part 1 of Joey Tempo's offseason blueprint for the Bluejays looks at what they lose in 2018-19, who's coming back, and who's coming in.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/creighton ... -profiles/

Part 2 will run tomorrow, and will look at possible grad transfers and other players the staff is recruiting.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Next

Return to Men's Hoops