R.I. Job

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

R.I. Job

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Sure looks like the R.I. Job will be open. Hope Mac. is ready for this if they pick Murphy to be their new head Coach. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Re: R.I. Job

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:00 pm

that's a pretty good entry level gig that's operating at a pretty high level right now

if Preston gets offered - he'd be pretty crazy to turn it down if being a HC is a career aspiration

hope Mac has some stud recruiters on his radar if that happens
cujaysfan

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 pm

cujaysfan wrote:hope Mac has some stud recruiters on his radar if that happens

I'd call Michele Daum
hilltopalum

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Is Murphy that qualified for that job? I mean I love him on our staff, but a head coaching job?

But I guess teams are hiring people that have never coached before so what do I know.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Probably not fair to say he's never coached before.

I know you meant being a head coach, but everyone has to start somewhere. He makes a lot of sense.
HandDownManDown

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm

I'd bet he'd be top of the list of URI job opened. Been an assistant for several years, former URI star, top recruiter, it's a no brainer IMO.
Jet915

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm

URI fans seem to think Preston would be one of the first calls if Hurley bounces...will be interesting
hilltopalum

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:03 pm

U.Conn Board says they are very close to locking Hurley up. Now what does R.I. do. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Preston will get the RI job, we will miss him sorely. Mac, with Bishop and Z and Ballock, has been doing better recruiting regionally, but we need an East Coast presence like Murphy. To be honest whatever and whoever we've had hasn't gotten us up to power program talent after 5 years so my expectations are low. Ras and Mac both wanted to stay in the Mo Valley but it was Lannon who got us to the promised land (thank God) so we prolly need the people at the top to start showing an actual desire to become a power program... but when both the AD and HC want mid-major competition while depositing a power league check I'm sadly pessimistic. Many programs are stuck in this sad situation for generations so we might be F---ed. At least the Blue Crew gets to be on national television twice a week. I'm sure their parents are loving it.
whiteandblue77

Postby LynchMob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Preston will get the RI job, we will miss him sorely. Mac, with Bishop and Z and Ballock, has been doing better recruiting regionally, but we need an East Coast presence like Murphy. To be honest whatever and whoever we've had hasn't gotten us up to power program talent after 5 years so my expectations are low. Ras and Mac both wanted to stay in the Mo Valley but it was Lannon who got us to the promised land (thank God) so we prolly need the people at the top to start showing an actual desire to become a power program... but when both the AD and HC want mid-major competition while depositing a power league check I'm sadly pessimistic. Many programs are stuck in this sad situation for generations so we might be F---ed. At least the Blue Crew gets to be on national television twice a week. I'm sure their parents are loving it.

Hope you get a lot of kicks out of pretending to be a fan while cheering for the program to fail so you can feel superior. Blocked.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Next

Return to Men's Hoops