R.I. Job

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: R.I. Job

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Miles should’ve gone to Colorado State. Too late now.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Big Ben » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Alphawalt wrote:
westojay wrote:Would think that RI Assistant David Cox is higher up on their list.

This is absolutely totally true. Cox has previously been told he was officially the “head coach in waiting” and apparently would need to be bought out in order for RI to hire a head coach other than him. I don’t think RI is in the position to buy out Cox and hire Murphy, they would not have given Cox that contract without truly wanting him to be the next coach upon Hurley’s departure.

RI is the kind of school that would not pay a buyout due to financial considerations, and also they have been good and made the tournament last few years. Cox has been key in getting the players to RI. You don’t stop momentum and buy a guy out and hire from outside, just won’t happen. Murphy could move on, but not to RI.
Big Ben

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Maybe Cox brings Murphy back, to fill his own shoes.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Big Ben » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 pm

JayPak wrote:Maybe Cox brings Murphy back, to fill his own shoes.

I don’t think Murphy would agree to that, he was already associate head coach at RI a few years ago and moved on from RI. Murphy is not going anywhere other than to head coach or be associate head coach at one of the blue blood programs. I think he is staying with the Jays at least one more year.
Big Ben

Postby JayPak » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 am

Leading candidate for Drake isn’t our assistant. It’s Marquette assistant Brett Nelson, Florida grad who played for Gators in 2002 vs Creighton.
JayPak

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 am

JayPak wrote:Leading candidate for Drake isn’t our assistant. It’s Marquette assistant Brett Nelson, Florida grad who played for Gators in 2002 vs Creighton.

Wasn't D-Rock a candidate there the last two times they lost a coach?

I think he's a bit underrated as a coach and recruiter
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 am

Uh, been on staff since 1998. Applied twice before for Drake job and others. SMH.
ictjay

Postby wildjays » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Ha, rumors of Rick Pitino going to Rhode Island to take that job. He must really like to coach multiple schools in the same state in his career.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:42 pm

I saw Preston Murphy mentioned as a candidate for the Detroit Mercy job. I didn’t want to start a “Detroit Mercy Job” thread, so here it is.
vivid_dude

Postby slaw » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Sounds like Cox is being promoted.

There was a story that the AD wanted Pitino, but the Pres rejected the deal.
slaw

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops