Official: Darian DeVries takes Drake Job

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Official: Darian DeVries takes Drake Job

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 am

on another note - couldn't be better timing

I'm assuming that Mac will be in San Antonio this weekend along with everyone else from CBB - pretty good setup for a whole bunch of interviews and getting this locked down by next week.
cujaysfan

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Congrats D-Rock hope you do well. We will miss you. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Trifecta » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Best of luck D-Rock! We're going to miss you...a true stalwart of the Creighton program and our successes.
Trifecta

Postby jays911 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Trifecta wrote:Best of luck D-Rock! We're going to miss you...a true stalwart of the Creighton program and our successes.

+1
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Easypaddy wrote:Will Drake attempt to schedule an annual game with Nebraska for a guaranteed win?

Spit out my coffee on that one. Very well played!
TBC Alum

Postby chairclanger » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Congratulations to D-Rock, Drake is now my 2nd favorite team in college basketball. I think this is a bigger loss for the Jays than people realize. D-Rock was the lead recruiter for Zack Harvey who is our #1 target for 2019. His game-planning and intensity were legendary. This reminds me of when Greg Grensing left Dana to join Lon Kruger at UNLV. I think the entire trajectory of Dana's tenure here changed after GG left. Grensing recruited Rodney Buford, Ben Walker and Ryan Sears. He was our Midwest recruiter and D-Rock stepped into that position. When GG left he was replaced by Fish who brought in P-Allen and a host of questionable characters. The whole program changed. Mac needs to be very careful to get this hire right.
chairclanger

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 pm

great post. You're right, Mac needs a well respected midwest recruiter with this hire
hilltopalum

Postby JayFan95 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Huss is from KC. He can fill the Midwest recruiter role just fine IMO.

Agree though that after Grensing left the culture of the program changed some. Going to be really hard to replace Drock. Great guy. Outstanding coach

Lost two great guys the last two years. Mac needs to get a good one. Need another big time recruiter imo.
JayFan95

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Oh da lub, feeling da lub for Brian Fish. CU has only had a handful of questionable players. Either P morphed into a "host" (multitude) of players or you are grossly exaggerating your point. My boy Fish. He's a HC up in Montana or some other foreign state up that way.

Fortunately asst coaches @bluejayMBB can support their families nowadays on their salaries. Many are less likely to move except for HC positions.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby chairclanger » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm

During the Fish years there were a lot of chemistry issues (besides P) with the team that didn't come out in the press or message boards. Some of us who had inside knowledge of what was going on didn't run out and post it on the message board. That's why we were privy to inside information.
chairclanger

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops