Official: Darian DeVries takes Drake Job

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Official: Darian DeVries takes Drake Job

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:46 am

IT's great that you were party to insider info back in the day. However, perhaps your choice of wording should be more precise. The use of "host" implies problems at every turn, that perhaps the program was teetering towards collapse, etc. That was not the case.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby ictjay » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 pm

chairclanger wrote:Congratulations to D-Rock, Drake is now my 2nd favorite team in college basketball. I think this is a bigger loss for the Jays than people realize. D-Rock was the lead recruiter for Zack Harvey who is our #1 target for 2019. His game-planning and intensity were legendary. This reminds me of when Greg Grensing left Dana to join Lon Kruger at UNLV. I think the entire trajectory of Dana's tenure here changed after GG left. Grensing recruited Rodney Buford, Ben Walker and Ryan Sears. He was our Midwest recruiter and D-Rock stepped into that position. When GG left he was replaced by Fish who brought in P-Allen and a host of questionable characters. The whole program changed. Mac needs to be very careful to get this hire right.

I'm sure Mac's Iowa St. mistakes will not be duplicated here. He has already admitted to that. He will get a good one. He needs it.
ictjay

Postby SDJay » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:00 pm

chairclanger wrote:Congratulations to D-Rock, Drake is now my 2nd favorite team in college basketball. I think this is a bigger loss for the Jays than people realize. D-Rock was the lead recruiter for Zack Harvey who is our #1 target for 2019. His game-planning and intensity were legendary. This reminds me of when Greg Grensing left Dana to join Lon Kruger at UNLV. I think the entire trajectory of Dana's tenure here changed after GG left. Grensing recruited Rodney Buford, Ben Walker and Ryan Sears. He was our Midwest recruiter and D-Rock stepped into that position. When GG left he was replaced by Fish who brought in P-Allen and a host of questionable characters. The whole program changed. Mac needs to be very careful to get this hire right.

GG was a big part of Nate Funk's recruitment effort, too.
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"
SDJay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops