Chris Mack to Louisville Done Deal looks like

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Chris Mack to Louisville Done Deal looks like

Postby Kolder Fan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:50 pm

I get that they can pay Mack a ridiculous amount of money, but you have to think that Louisville is going to get absolutely drilled by the NCAA at some point - don't you? Unless, they just say - screw it, this is a mess, we aren't going to dick with this - everyone gets a clean slate!
Kolder Fan

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 pm

$4 mil per year for 7 years will do that for you. His slate is clean so recruits will still flock to the ville. And let’s be real NCAA will only give them 1 year postseason ban.
Eye of the Jay

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:I get that they can pay Mack a ridiculous amount of money, but you have to think that Louisville is going to get absolutely drilled by the NCAA at some point - don't you? Unless, they just say - screw it, this is a mess, we aren't going to dick with this - everyone gets a clean slate!

"The bad actors are gone. Why punish the kids who are currently there? That's not fair to them. They had nothing to do with it." AKA the Penn State defense. Get a slap on the wrist, maybe lose a scholie or two, and then go back to pretending nothing happened.
SendDustyIn

Postby cu8493 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Punish the institution. Players can choose to transfer and play elsewhere. Let them transfer without having to sit out a year.
cu8493

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

Is it just me, or does this seem less emotional or heartfelt than you'd expect from a dude leaving his alma mater?

Savannah Jay

Postby minakirogue » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 am

Savannah Jay wrote:Is it just me, or does this seem less emotional or heartfelt than you'd expect from a dude leaving his alma mater?

I thought the same thing.
minakirogue

Postby mredle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Look, the guy is leaving his alma mater without having attained many of the goals he had set for the program.
He is going to a program whose history has hit many of the earmarks the Xavier fans thought they would see under his leadership. He is leaving X for the Cardinals at a time when their post season eligibility may be in doubt, their NIKE recruiting budget has been curtailed and they may be facing an uphill climb. However they are paying him significant cash over and above what the Xmen were paying. Mack is a smart guy. He understands that it's not a good idea to proclaim your undying love to your long time steady when you announce your engagement to a hot slut from down the street.
mredle

Postby Polyfro » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:10 pm

I agree, it's kind of a weird statement on the whole, but throwing shade at the Bearcats in that final paragraph is pretty funny :lol:
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 am

Wonder when coaching salaries in the BE start to rise -- I'm thinking 3M is going to be a threshold to keeping one of the better coaches pretty soon.

I'm sure someone has already offered crazy money to Jay Wright, but think they may need to start adding dollars to his contract to make it less likely he'll start listening
Chicagojayfan

Next

Return to Men's Hoops