Chris Mack to Louisville Done Deal looks like

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Chris Mack to Louisville Done Deal looks like

Postby Polyfro » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:53 pm

How's this for a curveball: LA sportswriter who covers UCLA is claiming there's mutual interest between Steve Alford and Xavier...

Alford's seat is kinda warm so I doubt this is a leverage play to get an extension/raise. UCLA and their boosters wouldn't shed any tears if he left. That same writer said in subsequent tweets that Alford has privately expressed that he's not comfortable on the west coast and would like to coach in the midwest again.

As for why Xavier would be interested? No clue. He's a veteran coach with a lot of wins, but the only place he's ever been that didn't loathe him by the time he left was SMS and that was 25 years ago.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Oh joy. We fans might get the privilege of seeing Steve Alford twice a year again. This is wonderful.

vivid_dude

Postby Trifecta » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:24 pm

x is the one team I can't stand in the BE. Mack was a big part of that, but if they bring in helmethead? Game on!

It would suck for X fans to watch him torpedo their program though...
Trifecta

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:22 pm

The conference needs Xavier to remain strong. If Steele doesn't get the job, the situation may implode at X.
No other team "appears" ready to assume Xavier's position as #1.5 in the conference. We may be looking at a situation
where the BE becomes "Nova and the dwarfs"...

Granted that most, if not all of our teams may slip a bit due to high Sr. graduations/early NBA draft departures.
It may get ugly next year as we may not have 1 or 2 clearcut, dominant team(s) out front, leading the way. Nova
may survive IF their Jrs. don't bolt to the NBA. The pecking order for the rest of the conference may be a crap shoot.

Steele is X's main recruiter, well liked, respected by admin, staffers, supporters, and the team. He recruited many of the current and loi'ed
incoming recruits. If he is promoted, he can hold it together and move ahead. If someone else is hired Steele will join Mack in Louisville and
potentially all hell will break loose in Cincinnati. We shall see.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby taa71458 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Xavier going with Travis Steele, confirmed
taa71458

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops