Jays Assistant Coaches

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Jays Assistant Coaches

Postby ictjay » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:00 pm

omajay wrote:How about Bryan Mullins. He is an assistant at Loyola Chicago. He definitely knew how to play defense from his SIU days, and he likely has recruited the Midwest. Plus, he obviously has gained good experience on Porter's staff.

Sounds like he is the main asst on a Final 4 Team. Have read some great quotes from Porter on him. He's a good one.
ictjay

Postby Trifecta » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Lav would awesome, but not sure he leaves a sweet TV gig for anything that's isn't a head coaching job.

I'm on board with Ben Walker for sure. I would have to make my body not reject Bryan Mullins at first haha
Trifecta

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:28 pm

Any of Walker, Lavin, Mullins would be fantastic.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby cu8493 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:27 am

I wonder what Lavin makes as an analyst. I'm sure its good money for the time he is working, but is it an October to April gig or year round? Unless there is a chance to make a lot more money, I don't know if he leaves Southern CA and that gig to toil as an assistant coach (or is it filmed in NYC?). Either way, pushing 55 years old, it can't be a time in his life where he wants to take a pay cut to go back to the grind of an assistant coach where there probably isn't a head coaching job at a big time program at the end of that. He might be liking his summers off. But, who knows. Some guys never lose the coaching bug.
cu8493

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 am

cu8493 wrote:I wonder what Lavin makes as an analyst. I'm sure its good money for the time he is working, but is it an October to April gig or year round? Unless there is a chance to make a lot more money, I don't know if he leaves Southern CA and that gig to toil as an assistant coach (or is it filmed in NYC?). Either way, pushing 55 years old, it can't be a time in his life where he wants to take a pay cut to go back to the grind of an assistant coach where there probably isn't a head coaching job at a big time program at the end of that. He might be liking his summers off. But, who knows. Some guys never lose the coaching bug.

I think Lavin wants to take it easy. Had some serious health issues.
ictjay

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 am

Creighton moves fast.
hilltopalum

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:35 am

hilltopalum wrote:Creighton moves fast.

:?:
Wizard of Westroads

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:37 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:Creighton moves fast.

:?:

Today starts the officially crazy season. There will be lots of shake up around college basketball over the next couple weeks. With that said I think the Jays will add some stability to the program this week.
hilltopalum

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks, that's specific enough.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby omajay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Does "stability" mean promoting someone already on the staff (i.e., someone currently in a non-recruiting role)?
omajay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops