2018-19

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2018-19

Postby whiteandblue77 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 pm

So I think it’s a foregone conclusion Taz will be Creightons RECORD FIFTH NBA player at the same time, congrats to him, his family, the Benson Bunnies and CU.

Hope he and JP come back early and often an join Josh in transforming Omaha into a basketball talent pipeline and that there will be many future Jays on the courts of the Big O as I write this.

With that it’s time to look towards the future.

We have some outstanding talent returning and incoming.

My favorirites returning comprise the first starting lineup next November :
Mintz
Alexander
Ballock
Harrell
Epperson

That’s a solid cast and I really like the next wave, made up of the following:

Zegarowski
Joseph
Bishop
Krampelj (after full recovery)
Froling

It’s ‘pert good, all the boys gotta beef up but maybe addition by subtraction could give us a top 5 Big East finish, kick the corn in Stinking Linkun and Sweet 16 in March
whiteandblue77

Re: 2018-19

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion about Taz - he’s showing it in wildly different spots in various mock drafts, etc. just have to wait and see.

But mostly I’m wondering who we are losing that you considered “addition by subtraction” from this year’s squad. That comment makes zero sense at all. Foster? Toby? Maybe Taz? We aren’t better for losing any of those guys. We might be good next year, we will be fine with our new guys, etc. - but hard to see addition by losing those guys.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby JD4JAYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Sooooooo......does everyone forget about Damien Jefferson? I realize reports about him have been quiet at best but doesn’t he factor in here somewhere?
JD4JAYS

Postby mightyskid » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Off top of my head, and haven't really thought about this to much.........

Out loud thoughts on returners, in order of importance (next year has me very intrigued......could be pleasant surprise)
1) Thomas - I get it, the NBA possibility. In my limited, but grounded and somewhat educated opinion.....he should come back. If he comes back, I'd bet he'll be one of the best in the nation, all-around game.
2) Krampelj - Man, I hope he recovers in great fashion. Huge ceiling!!
3) Mintz - 1 of 2 PG's, and his game is getting better
4) Zegarowski - 1 of 2 PG's, and what I've read on the mental aspect......sounds like the right kind of player needed. Still a frosh this coming season, but a back-up to Mintz for 2 years will help
5) Ballock - going to be a star before his career ends at CU. It will need to start this coming season
6) Harrell - Sr leader.......worry about the mental part. He's not the most athletic, and that's not to say he isn't athletic. But, if mental toughness becomes a strong part of his game, he can fill the leadership role with Taz and be very productive. Hope health issues do not become problem for him. I'd also have him come off the bench, although I know that might not be possible.
7) Epperson - Man, I hope he's got a great work ethic. His being thrust into playing time could be a godsend.......I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
8) Alexander - He looked like a frosh a lot.........it will be better, and could be a player who jumps up this list
9) Jefferson - Easily could jump up this list for a few different reasons. I'm optimistic based on somethings my nephew (graduating this spring from CU) has told me, although I'm cautious and we just don't really know enough.
10) Bishop - Curious, as I could see him redshirt.......but, could also see him playing this next season. Would expect something along the lines of Alexander this past season. Very intrigued by his prospects. I kind of don't expect him to redshirt.
11) Joseph - Big question for me........just haven't seen anything that really jumps out to me. Feel bad for him due to injury issues. Hoping he might become a surprise......not really expecting to see that happen.
12) Froling - I expect redshirt......although, there are some unanswered questions that might keep him from a redshirt
13) ???? Some intrigue with transfer (grad or not)......obviously, dependent on who that might be, could make huge jump up this list.

As for starters; if Taz returns;
Mintz
Taz
Ballock
Harrell or Krampelj
Krampelj or Epperson
Top off the bench players; Alexander, either Harrell or Epperson, Jefferson and Bishop w/ possible grad transfer

If Taz doesn't return;
Mintz
Alexander
Ballock
Harrell or Krampelj
Krampelj or Epperson
Top off the bench players; Harrell or Epperson, Jefferson, Bishop and must have grad transfer (Evansville kid?!?!?!)

Heavy speculation.......but, I sure hope these coaches and players dig in this off-season to get ready! GoJays!!
mightyskid

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 pm

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/09/ ... r-2018-19/

No surprises at the top: Nova-Prov-Jays... ;)

We get Cremo n just keep rollin'...
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby westojay » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Ronnie grad transferring per his twitter page. Closer to home at Denver U
westojay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Well, we have two scholies now, best of luck to Ronnie...
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Aren’t they in the Summit League? Chauncey Billips coach? Cousin right?
75 - 65
LJay

Postby westojay » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Yep Summit League. We will see him in Omaha next year when he beats the Mavs. We should get lot of fans at that game to cheer him on.
westojay

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:02 pm

yes - Rodney billups is coach at DU - he was really solid player there and is Chauncey's brother

i'll be hitting the DU vs SDSU game - Ronnie vs Daum will be a fun game

sorry to see Ronnie go
cujaysfan

Next

Return to Men's Hoops