Poll. Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an ass't coach?

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an assistant coach?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes. No brainer. Package deal with a Mike Daum transfer.
12%
Yes. Walker was as a tough a player as Creighton has ever had. He will be the assistant coach in charge of toughness.
41%
Yes. Ben is from the Dana Altman coaching tree.
6%
No. He is an unproven recruiter of Big East level talent. That’s the number one job of assistants. Mac has all the other bases covered.
41%

Total votes : 17

Re: Poll. Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an ass't coach

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Li Zhi 3rd wrote:Creighton will be getting a fortune from the NCAA tournament over the next 10 years thanks to Nova.

Would that be a Chinese fortune, CUFFie?

First, payouts are over six years, not ten.

Second, the Big East isn't just riding on Nova's coattails, like the Valley is with Loyola. The BE earned 13 tournament game units this year (the NC game doesn't count); five of those came from Villanova. The league picked up eleven last year, but Nova only contributed two.

Third, most schools program tournament distributions into their budgets. It's not like they just found a big wad of cash in the street.

And, fourth, there's a limit to how many assistant coaches a school can have on staff. They can't just go out and hire a bunch of extra coaches because they can afford it.

Otherwise, solid post, Li Zhi 3.
Jaybird

Postby blueblood » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 pm

I was in Turkey on holiday and came across one of those Turkish bath houses.

They shaved with a solid steel stone ground razor from below the neckline,

inside the ears,

snipped out nose hairs,

waxed off chest hairs

and plucked all the hairs out of the ass crack,

all finished off with a moustache trim and alcohol rub.

Honestly, my wife's never looked better
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:35 pm

blueblood wrote:I was in Turkey on holiday and came across one of those Turkish bath houses.

They shaved with a solid steel stone ground razor from below the neckline,

inside the ears,

snipped out nose hairs,

waxed off chest hairs

and plucked all the hairs out of the ass crack,

all finished off with a moustache trim and alcohol rub.

Honestly, my wife's never looked better

That deserves a rim shot and a mic drop. Put your hands together, everybody, for Bobcat Blueblood (or blueblood CK, I can't decide).
Jaybird

Postby Li Zhi 3rd » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Second, the Big East isn't just riding on Nova's coattails, like the Valley is with Loyola. The BE earned 13 tournament game units this year (the NC game doesn't count); five of those came from Villanova. The league picked up eleven last year, but Nova only contributed two.

Third, most schools program tournament distributions into their budgets. It's not like they just found a big wad of cash in the street.

And, fourth, there's a limit to how many assistant coaches a school can have on staff. They can't just go out and hire a bunch of extra coaches because they can afford it.

I thought I heard Raff or some other American (they all sound alike to me) say it was over ten years, but I could be wrong. My sentence was for 8 years and it is a long time to spend in a Chinese prison, believe me!

I understand the budgeting process, but it is also my understanding that as teams advance more money is earned.

I also know the limitation on ass't coaches and I can't figure out what Gordy and Vanderloo do for the team. A wise Creighton alum neighbor of mine has asked me this many times. I could be a coach of diversity. I am diverse. I am sure Len and Jeff are valuable and well paid but we need Mike Daum. Murphy should get the RI job any day now. If Mac doesn't hire Ben Walker, there may be a riot at DJ's Dugout. I know riots since I saw many of them in prison.
I missed the P'Allen Stinnett era because I was in a Chinese prison.

I am a stranger in a strange land but I love my American freedoms!
Li Zhi 3rd

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm

This place is starting to smell like my dirty laundry. Y’know dirty collars and dirty CUFFs.
75 - 65
LJay

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:47 pm

https://www.gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=749
I like Ben but what on this resume would make him option A? I'd love to have more former players on staff but they also need to be the best candidate.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Trifecta » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 pm

I personally wouldn't hire Ben Walker. I hear he's a global warming denier...
Trifecta

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:06 pm

:lol: Stop Blueblood. Had dental surgery today and it hurts to laugh :lol: 156people, :lol:
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Big Ben » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 am

Li Zhi 3rd wrote:

I thought I heard Raff or some other American (they all sound alike to me) say it was over ten years, but I could be wrong. My sentence was for 8 years and it is a long time to spend in a Chinese prison, believe me!

I understand the budgeting process, but it is also my understanding that as teams advance more money is earned.

I also know the limitation on ass't coaches and I can't figure out what Gordy and Vanderloo do for the team. A wise Creighton alum neighbor of mine has asked me this many times. I could be a coach of diversity. I am diverse. I am sure Len and Jeff are valuable and well paid but we need Mike Daum. Murphy should get the RI job any day now. If Mac doesn't hire Ben Walker, there may be a riot at DJ's Dugout. I know riots since I saw many of them in prison.

CUFF - taking on the name of Li Zhi 3rd is a piss poor look - you cannot compare your inane commentary to a persecuted cyber dissident taking on real issues with democracy crunching Chinese government. You are not being persecuted, only laughed at as an annoying person trying to come off as an erudite individual.
Big Ben

Postby Li Zhi 3rd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 am

Big Ben:

Recall that English is not my first language. I don't fully understand what you wrote but I do feel the hate and anger towards this CUFF person. Why all the hate and anger? Love is better.

I am a Catholic and a follower of Jesus Christ. And, believe me, in China that is difficult. Jesus did not speak of hate and anger. Did you see that live performance of Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter? I did. What about that song Mary sang? (I watch TV with the closed captioning on. It helps me learn English better.)

As a stranger in a strange land there is much that I still don't understand. But I surely do appreciate my American freedoms. Freedom of speech and freedom of religion are wonderful things. I also appreciate the Second Amendment. Nothing like the Bill of Rights in China! I've found that here in America I can engage in civil discourse and express my opinions even though I am in the minority. And talk about minority status! I'm a Catholic guy who expressed my desire for free expression, democracy and a limited government in China. Big problem! I've got the scars and broken bones to prove it.

I don't get many American expressions, lingo, idioms and cultural references. Nicknames drive me nuts! How does a woman named Margaret end up as Peggy? Or an Edward end up as Ted? Or Bruce as Caitlyn?

At St. John's in Valley (my church) I have become fast friends with a Creighton grad. You Creighton alums are so lucky! Other than for computer instruction, the schools in China are not very good at all. My friend keeps referring to the University of Nebraska basketball coach as Gump. The coach's name is Tim Miles. (And what a good coach he is even though he has never beaten Creighton). I don't get it but I am too polite to ask who this Gump is.

I'm just here for the basketball. Cool your jets, dude. (How's that for an American expression?)

I remain optimistic that Ben Walker gets a job at Creighton.
I missed the P'Allen Stinnett era because I was in a Chinese prison.

I am a stranger in a strange land but I love my American freedoms!
Li Zhi 3rd

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops