Poll. Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an ass't coach?

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an assistant coach?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes. No brainer. Package deal with a Mike Daum transfer.
12%
Yes. Walker was as a tough a player as Creighton has ever had. He will be the assistant coach in charge of toughness.
41%
Yes. Ben is from the Dana Altman coaching tree.
6%
No. He is an unproven recruiter of Big East level talent. That’s the number one job of assistants. Mac has all the other bases covered.
41%

Total votes : 17

Re: Poll. Should Creighton hire Ben Walker as an ass't coach

Postby JaysLifer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 am

Li Zhi 3rd wrote:Big Ben:

Recall that English is not my first language. I don't fully understand what you wrote but I do feel the hate and anger towards this CUFF person. Why all the hate and anger? Love is better.

I am a Catholic and a follower of Jesus Christ. And, believe me, in China that is difficult. Jesus did not speak of hate and anger. Did you see that live performance of Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter? I did. What about that song Mary sang? (I watch TV with the closed captioning on. It helps me learn English better.)

As a stranger in a strange land there is much that I still don't understand. But I surely do appreciate my American freedoms. Freedom of speech and freedom of religion are wonderful things. I also appreciate the Second Amendment. Nothing like the Bill of Rights in China! I've found that here in America I can engage in civil discourse and express my opinions even though I am in the minority. And talk about minority status! I'm a Catholic guy who expressed my desire for free expression, democracy and a limited government in China. Big problem! I've got the scars and broken bones to prove it.

I don't get many American expressions, lingo, idioms and cultural references. Nicknames drive me nuts! How does a woman named Margaret end up as Peggy? Or an Edward end up as Ted? Or Bruce as Caitlyn?

At St. John's in Valley (my church) I have become fast friends with a Creighton grad. You Creighton alums are so lucky! Other than for computer instruction, the schools in China are not very good at all. My friend keeps referring to the University of Nebraska basketball coach as Gump. The coach's name is Tim Miles. (And what a good coach he is even though he has never beaten Creighton). I don't get it but I am too polite to ask who this Gump is.

I'm just here for the basketball. Cool your jets, dude. (How's that for an American expression?)

I remain optimistic that Ben Walker gets a job at Creighton.

Give it up already, CUFF. We all know it’s you, weirdo. Go find a new message board to pollute.
JaysLifer

Postby Li Zhi 3rd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:38 am

Lifer:

Pollute? You haven't seen real pollution unless you have lived in China.

Don't you respect me? I am a minority. I am just expressing my opinions and making comments about Creighton basketball.

Are you going to have the thought police arrest me here? Once was enough!
I missed the P'Allen Stinnett era because I was in a Chinese prison.

I am a stranger in a strange land but I love my American freedoms!
Li Zhi 3rd

Postby FreddyMac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 am

Wow, you are just the person I've been looking for. Can you translate these instructions for me? The English ones for some reason weren't included in the package.

FreddyMac

Postby Li Zhi 3rd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:05 am

Freddy:

Happy to do so. But for a fee. I am now a capitalist. There is no free lunch in the universe.

I'm thinking 3 bitcoins is fair. The value goes up and down. Payment is due in advance. Li not in the banking business and does not extend credit to anonymous strangers!
I missed the P'Allen Stinnett era because I was in a Chinese prison.

I am a stranger in a strange land but I love my American freedoms!
Li Zhi 3rd

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:06 am

cujaysfan

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 am

TrueBlueJay

Postby wes134 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 am

DROP IT........DROP THE HAMMER!!!!!
Feed the Toby the Ball!!!! The Toby is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby blueblood » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 am

A young man was lost wandering in a forest, when he came upon a small house. He knocked on the door and was greeted by an ancient Chinese man with a long, grey beard. "I'm lost," said the man. "Can you put me up for the night?"

"Certainly," the Chinese man said, "but on one condition. If you so much as lay a finger on my daughter, I will inflict upon you the three worst Chinese tortures known to man."...

"Ok," said the man, thinking that the daughter must be pretty old as well, and entered the house.

Before dinner, the daughter came down the stairs. She was young, beautiful, and had a fantastic figure. She was obviously attracted to the young man since she couldn't keep her eyes off him during the meal.

Remembering the old man's warning, he ignored her and went up to bed alone. But during the night, he could bear it no longer, and sneaked into her room for a night of passion. He was careful to keep everything quiet so the old man wouldn't hear. Near dawn he crept back to his room, exhausted, but happy.

He woke in the morning with the feel of pressure on his chest. Opening his eyes he saw a large rock on his chest with a note on it that read, "Chinese Torture 1: Large rock on chest."

"Well, that's pretty crappy," he thought. "If that's the best the old man can do then I don't have much to worry about."

He picked the boulder up, walked over to the window and threw the boulder out. As he did so he noticed another note on it that read: "Chinese Torture 2: Rock tied to left testicle."

In a panic he glanced down and saw the rope that was already getting close to the end. Figuring that a few broken bones was better than castration, he jumped out of the window after the boulder.

As he plummeted downward he saw a large sign on the ground that read, "Chinese Torture 3: Right testicle tied to bedpost.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Jaybird » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:30 pm

FreddyMac wrote:Wow, you are just the person I've been looking for. Can you translate these instructions for me? The English ones for some reason weren't included in the package.

Done. But, turns out, those aren't instructions at all. Instead, it's some kind of story. This is the best I can make of it:

This retired, elderly couple goes into a doctor's office. The doctor says, "What can I do for you"?

The guy says, "Doctor, we're not married but we're very much in love. The trouble is, when we make love, we don't think we're doing it right because it's been so long for both of us. So, could you diagnose the trouble"?

Doctor say, "Well, this is pretty unorthodox, but I guess so. Why don't you go ahead, and I'll watch and let you know".

So, they do. When they complete their amorous activities, the doctor says, "Well, I'm impressed. Everything looks great. Just right. Now, that'll be $75 and please pay at the desk".

So, they leave, but the very next week, they're back again. The doctor says, "Now what's wrong"?

The guy says, "We know what you said, but something's still off. Could you help us"? The doctor says, "Alright. I'll watch one more time".

So again they perform. It's passionate, it's energetic, and again the doctor tells them, "You have nothing to worry about. don't change a thing and please pay $75 out front".

But, that same couple kept going back to that doctor, week after week, until finally he said in exasperation, "Enough of this. Everything's working fine and you have nothing to worry about. Why do you keep coming back"?

The guy says, "Look, doc. I'll level with you. We can't go to her retirement home to screw, and my retirement home won't let us do it there either. A hotel room costs at least a hundred bucks, but you only charge us $75, and we get 60 of that back from Medicare".

Those wacky Chinese and their lusty sense of elderhumor. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe it doesn't say that at all, in which case, sorry.
Jaybird

Postby KenoshaJay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:20 pm

FreddyMac wrote:Wow, you are just the person I've been looking for. Can you translate these instructions for me? The English ones for some reason weren't included in the package.

Did you have a nice cruise out of Hong Kong?
Heard Hong Kong has a great airport?
RC is a very nice cruise line.....!
KenoshaJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops