Coach Lusk

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coach Lusk

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Amen mel ott. You are absolutely right. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby RVB » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 am

Brief Paul Lusk bio

http://gocreighton.com/news/2018/4/3/pa ... coach.aspx

Jon Nyatawa: Creighton the right fit for Paul Lusk; Jays add former Missouri State coach to replace Darian DeVries

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... 86937.html
RVB

Postby Li Zhi 3rd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:25 am

Lusk is an expert on coaching defense. Offense? Not so much.
I missed the P'Allen Stinnett era because I was in a Chinese prison.

I am a stranger in a strange land but I love my American freedoms!
Li Zhi 3rd

Postby drbluejay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:30 am

Lusk seems to be a very good hire. Instead of looking at his HC record, more important is his record as an assistant coach, since that is what he is being hired as. Who cares what he did as a HC.
drbluejay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 am

drbluejay wrote:Lusk seems to be a very good hire. Instead of looking at his HC record, more important is his record as an assistant coach, since that is what he is being hired as. Who cares what he did as a HC.

Exactly, this guy brings a lot to the table. His record at Purdue was outstanding and he rose to the job of assistant head coach on a staff that turned around the team from losing to perennial winner in a tough conference.
Chicagojayfan

Postby drbluejay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 am

LynchMob wrote:My example of a better coach than Mac just went to a Final Four. Call me when Mac does that.

Moser accomplished more this year than Mac has in all his years put together. That's a problem. We need some actual success around here, not just pretending being an also-ran is the same thing.

You do nothing but try to spread your poison by trolling this site.
drbluejay

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am

LynchMob wrote:Here is my argument -
Mac/Creighton hasn't had any meaningful accomplishments in the last five years, and a program loaded with NBA talent significantly underachieved in both of the last two years.

What in the ever-living feck are you talking about? Loaded with NBA talent? You mean two, right? Out of the 18 or so that were on our roster the last two years. And neither Patton or Khyri were NBA talents when they got to Creighton.

Moser had a great run this year, no doubt. Of course, if Wichita hadn't gone to the AAC this year, there's a good chance Loyola wouldn't even have been in the tournament. We'll see what Moser does now that expectations are different (they were 18-14 last year with essentially the same team). Getting to a final four takes talent, coaching, and some good fortune. Loyola had all of those this year.

For now, Mac is in good company...Tony Bennett, Matt Painter, Mike Brey, Sean Miller, and Jamie DIxon...just off the top of my head, are all coaches who haven't been to the final four. Wonder if they have some fans douche-ing up their message boards.

Agree with Mel...the idea that you are cautiously optimistic about anything related to McDermott is total horsesheet.
Savannah Jay

Postby Oldfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:36 am

Sorry, but Mac doesn’t belong in the same category as any of those coaches. Final Four is one thing - I don’t think anyone here realistically expects Final Fours. Just showing up for the tourney games would be a nice step forward.
Oldfan

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 am

Oldfan wrote:Sorry, but Mac doesn’t belong in the same category as any of those coaches. Final Four is one thing - I don’t think anyone here realistically expects Final Fours. Just showing up for the tourney games would be a nice step forward.

I was responding to one particular poster who made the final four the holy grail and was merely pointing out there are a number of really good coaches who haven't made the final four.

Mac may not belong in the same category as those coaches, but neither does Moser and, yet, he has a final four now. Was merely pointing out the randomness of choosing one criteria to evaluate a coach.

I intentionally included Brey in that group because they lost a key player to injury this year, much like the Jays have the last two years, and didn't make the tournament because the lost 7 games in a row without him. I guess if that had happened to us (missing the tournament) the last two years we could have saved ourselves some disappointment.
Savannah Jay

Postby milim30 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Coaches that never made it the Final Four...

What if I asked a different question...How many of those coaches at least made it the Sweet Sixteen?
milim30

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops