2023-2024 season

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2023-2024 season

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:32 am

is that new? I was damn sure it was originally once.

won't be the only time i'm wrong today - thanks JP.
cujaysfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:37 am

cujaysfan wrote:is that new? I was damn sure it was originally once.

Changed in 2019, I believe. That's why Baylor choosing to skip it last near was noteworthy: he could have gone through the process again and still come back, but he was locked in on returning and spending that time getting better instead.
JacobPadilla

Postby sdebole059 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:41 am

Can we get another PG too
sdebole059

Postby NUgradCUfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:46 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:is that new? I was damn sure it was originally once.

Changed in 2019, I believe. That's why Baylor choosing to skip it last near was noteworthy: he could have gone through the process again and still come back, but he was locked in on returning and spending that time getting better instead.

Seemed to work out for him
NUgradCUfan

Postby Kolder Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 pm

LJay wrote:No comment on the newbie with a few dozen posts spreading shit about the Jays.

My comments are to those who continually say “feed the post”. That requires a skill in a big man to know exactly when to expend the extreme energy to work his defender just so at just the right time. It also requires a skill of wing players feeling just the right time and just the right angle to make a post pass to that big who has made his move in conjunction with the wing’s movements at just the right time.

The present personnel have consistently shown that they do not have those innate “senses” and “feels” for this process. So, the continual “feed the damn post!!” comments in every game thread are a complete waste of energy.

This, of course, is simply my opinion.

One thing that is missing here LJay is the fact that there is a defense also on the court looking to keep us from "feeding the damn post". This next comment isn't directed at you but at the board in general - believe it or not, some teams game plan to take Kalkbrenner out of it. If we aren't hitting the outside shot - it may be a long night.
Kolder Fan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:22 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:
LJay wrote:No comment on the newbie with a few dozen posts spreading shit about the Jays.

My comments are to those who continually say “feed the post”. That requires a skill in a big man to know exactly when to expend the extreme energy to work his defender just so at just the right time. It also requires a skill of wing players feeling just the right time and just the right angle to make a post pass to that big who has made his move in conjunction with the wing’s movements at just the right time.

The present personnel have consistently shown that they do not have those innate “senses” and “feels” for this process. So, the continual “feed the damn post!!” comments in every game thread are a complete waste of energy.

One thing that is missing here LJay is the fact that there is a defense also on the court looking to keep us from "feeding the damn post". This next comment isn't directed at you but at the board in general - believe it or not, some teams game plan to take Kalkbrenner out of it. If we aren't hitting the outside shot - it may be a long night.

This is definitely true. I'm not sure we've gone backwards in our ability to feed the post this year as much as some think. While we struggled early in the year, both Alexander and Ashworth have done much better in getting Kalk the ball as the year went on

I do think that in games like last night, it's tough to try to force it inside when we are getting open shots in general, and we were getting quite a few good shots last night
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:47 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:

No argument from me but I think we are saying the same thing differently. Other teams do game for Kalk which requires a lot of the “feels” that I reference. CU on the other hand doesn’t try real hard to stop the entry pass to the opponents big and instead rely on Kalk to shut him down one on one primarily and occasionally running a double at a more skilled big.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:15 pm

Did this guy just become a fan in the last few years and forget where we came from??? I get always wanting more, but come the f on. The section of Creighton anonymous stupid parody account Twitter is insufferable. Half of them aren't even real parodies, they just use a fake picture and name, but give their legitimate take on things so it can't be attached to their name lol. Embarrassing
bluejayfan00

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:37 pm

Blocked that guy awhile back. Please don’t quote Twitter shit fake accounts. Thanks.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby mannygakou » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:38 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:

Did this guy just become a fan in the last few years and forget where we came from??? I get always wanting more, but come the f on. The section of Creighton anonymous stupid parody account Twitter is insufferable. Half of them aren't even real parodies, they just use a fake picture and name, but give their legitimate take on things so it can't be attached to their name lol. Embarrassing

I would wager that a lot of Creighton Twitter are people that weren't around for much, if any, of the Valley days. For those of us who have been around for 15-20+ years, there's probably more appreciation of the BE years, and especially the last 5 of them. It's easy to forget that people who graduated in 2015 (so half valley, half big east) are 30 years old now.
mannygakou

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops