2023-2024 season

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2023-2024 season

Postby jayc13 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:50 am

They lost 5 to the portal after last year and I expect they'll be close to that this year, but the least expected would be Kalk.
jayc13

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:50 am

GoatGibbs wrote:Just passing along what I've heard, but there's a rumor out there that Kalk will put his name in the portal when he declares for the draft to take offers.

Sorry if it's already been posted

I really try to live by the "nothing should ever really surprise me" ideology. But yeah, I'd be really surprised if that happened. I'd be a little surprised if he decided he actually wanted to play another year of college ball, but I'd be really surprised if he thought he would want to do that somewhere else.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby GoatGibbs » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:58 am

Realhoops wrote:
GoatGibbs wrote:Just passing along what I've heard, but there's a rumor out there that Kalk will put his name in the portal when he declares for the draft to take offers.

I really try to live by the "nothing should ever really surprise me" ideology. But yeah, I'd be really surprised if that happened. I'd be a little surprised if he decided he actually wanted to play another year of college ball, but I'd be really surprised if he thought he would want to do that somewhere else.

It makes sense if you consider the following:
1. Entering the portal doesn't = transferring. It just gets interested parties to the table with offers. Nothing I've heard indicated he'd transfer, just that he'd enter the portal.
2. If he gets bad draft feedback he's headed to europe regardless. Playing another year is probably his most lucrative option
3. Creighton is freeing up about 600-900k in NIL this year with Baylor/Trey leaving depending on who you trust. A guy like Kalk coming back would want to leverage for some of that with said offers from (1)
4. He's a smart kid that is probably interested in a prestigious graduate degree (IE Duke, Michigan)
GoatGibbs

Postby NUgradCUfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:24 am

GoatGibbs wrote:
Realhoops wrote:

1. Entering the portal doesn't = transferring. It just gets interested parties to the table with offers. Nothing I've heard indicated he'd transfer, just that he'd enter the portal.
2. If he gets bad draft feedback he's headed to europe regardless. Playing another year is probably his most lucrative option
3. Creighton is freeing up about 600-900k in NIL this year with Baylor/Trey leaving depending on who you trust. A guy like Kalk coming back would want to leverage for some of that with said offers from (1)
4. He's a smart kid that is probably interested in a prestigious graduate degree (IE Duke, Michigan)

To get more cash, sure. But he ain't transferring lol.
NUgradCUfan

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:35 am

GoatGibbs wrote:
Realhoops wrote:

Sure, we should have all read all of that into your little "rumor that Kalk is entering the portal" drop. :roll:
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:41 am

I haven’t heard anything about entering the portal but Ryan coming back looks like it’s more of a wish than a reality.
HandDownManDown

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 am

I would bet a LOT of money this is BS. If Kalk leaves it’s for pro ball not another school
BenningtonBluejay

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 am

No comment on the newbie with a few dozen posts spreading shit about the Jays.

My comments are to those who continually say “feed the post”. That requires a skill in a big man to know exactly when to expend the extreme energy to work his defender just so at just the right time. It also requires a skill of wing players feeling just the right time and just the right angle to make a post pass to that big who has made his move in conjunction with the wing’s movements at just the right time.

The present personnel have consistently shown that they do not have those innate “senses” and “feels” for this process. So, the continual “feed the damn post!!” comments in every game thread are a complete waste of energy.

This, of course, is simply my opinion.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:51 am

You can only declare and be evaluated once. So half that post is nonsense.
cujaysfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:20 am

cujaysfan wrote:You can only declare and be evaluated once. So half that post is nonsense.

This is not accurate. You can enter and withdraw from the draft twice while retaining eligibility.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops