Big East 2023-2024

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Big East 2023-2024

Postby go_jays » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:19 pm

I don't think there's any doubt it will be better than last year with Cooley moving to Georgetown and Pitino in at SJU... and no defections?

I think one would be hard pressed to name a better group of coaches than what we have in the BE now. And to think the league was in tatters 10 years ago.

And I said when we joined the BE... And I'll say it again... I think CU has a better chance of winning an NC before Gonzaga does because of our affiliation which such an outstanding league.

Does anyone besides me find it interesting that UConn languished in the AAC for 7 or 8 years. Then it took them just 3 years to win an NC once they rejoined the BE?
go_jays

Postby Durango Jay » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:54 pm

go_jays wrote:I don't think there's any doubt it will be better than last year with Cooley moving to Georgetown and Pitino in at SJU... and no defections?

I think one would be hard pressed to name a better group of coaches than what we have in the BE now. And to think the league was in tatters 10 years ago.

And I said when we joined the BE... And I'll say it again... I think CU has a better chance of winning an NC before Gonzaga does because of our affiliation which such an outstanding league.

Does anyone besides me find it interesting that UConn languished in the AAC for 7 or 8 years. Then it took them just 3 years to win an NC once they rejoined the BE?

Patino makes me want to hurl.
Durango Jay

Postby cr8ngrad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:22 pm

Durango Jay wrote:
go_jays wrote:I don't think there's any doubt it will be better than last year with Cooley moving to Georgetown and Pitino in at SJU... and no defections?

Patino makes me want to hurl.

+1
cr8ngrad

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:17 am

Sports Illustrated posted an article today ranking the top 10 transfer classes in college basketball. Two BE teams make the list. Villanova is second and SJU is seventh:

As a side note, Gonzaga and Kansas State are also on the list.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/06 ... basketball
SeattleJay

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:18 pm

Fanta has one Bluejay on his preseason all BE first team (big Ryan)

https://twitter.com/john_fanta/status/1 ... 09409?s=12

He mentions Baylor as his number 6 or 7.

No mention of Trey.
SeattleJay

Postby go_jays » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:47 pm

That's a mistake.
go_jays

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:30 pm

go_jays wrote:That's a mistake.

Who would you take off? For me it would be Soriano. He had great numbers last year but on a mediocre team.
SeattleJay

Postby Realhoops » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 pm

SeattleJay wrote:

Who would you take off? For me it would be Soriano. He had great numbers last year but on a mediocre team.

Soriano’s numbers were seriously inflated last year. He may be great — but he played all the way to the end in blowouts where the other team was putting bench guys in for big minutes. It took him until the final minute or so in Omaha against our walkons to get his double double in that game but he was still out there padding stats.
Last edited by Realhoops on Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:26 pm

Realhoops wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:

Soriano’s numbers were seriously inflated last year. He may be great — but he played all the way to the end in blowouts where the other team was putting bench guys in for big minutes. It took him until the final minute or so in Omaha against our walkons to get his double double in that game but he was still out there passing stats.

He is not great.
JayPharmAlum

Postby go_jays » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:08 am

SeattleJay wrote:

I was thinking in terms of not mentioning Trey in his players to watch. I think Trey will every bit as good, if not better than Baylor for example. I think he will be on a mission. He will be hard to ignore when the time comes to pick a 1st team.
go_jays

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops