Wayne State Exhibition

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Wayne State Exhibition

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:35 pm

SeattleJay

Re: Wayne State Exhibition

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:49 am

Hopefully, this will be a somewhat competitive game.

It will be interesting to see the first round of substitutions. Presumably, the backup 4, Bello, Fred and Jonathan will be the first guys in. I’ll be looking to see if Lawson plays the 2 much. (And, yes I know there isn’t a lot of difference between the 2 and 3 these days).

Also, it will be interesting to see how much Dotzler plays.

I’m guessing redshirts won’t be announced until after this game. I believe redshirts can play exhibition games.
SeattleJay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:45 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Hopefully, this will be a somewhat competitive game.

It will be interesting to see the first round of substitutions. Presumably, the backup 4, Bello, Fred and Jonathan will be the first guys in. I’ll be looking to see if Lawson plays the 2 much. (And, yes I know there isn’t a lot of difference between the 2 and 3 these days).

I’m guessing redshirts won’t be announced until after this game. I believe redshirts can play exhibition games.

If this game is "somewhat competitive" then it'll be a sign that this team has serious problems and isn't worthy of being anywhere near its top 10 rating. This game should not be even the least bit competitive after the opening possession, honestly. If it is, this fan base will be hitting the panic buttons all over the place.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:18 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Hopefully, this will be a somewhat competitive game.

Uhhhh, hopefully not
bluejayfan00

Postby HoopsFan01 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:21 pm

Anyone know why this game is only broadcast on FloHoops? Wish I could watch the game, but not paying the subscription just to watch one exhibition game.
HoopsFan01

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:37 pm

HoopsFan01 wrote:Anyone know why this game is only broadcast on FloHoops? Wish I could watch the game, but not paying the subscription just to watch one exhibition game.

Because it is an exhibition and not a real game? I don't remember the last time I watched a college exhibition game on tv.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:29 pm

HoopsFan01 wrote:Anyone know why this game is only broadcast on FloHoops? Wish I could watch the game, but not paying the subscription just to watch one exhibition game.

Finally a reason to have my flosports subscription cause soccer definitely made it not worth it lol
Jet915

Postby CUGrads03 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:48 pm

If it’s “a little bit competitive” it should only be because we messed around a lot with lineups and didn’t want to show our hand much in the exhibition. And “a little bit competitive” means under 20. Let’s be real, if we, which we won’t, kept the best in and kept the pedal down, there’s no reason you don’t win by 40. But, it is an exhibition, we will experiment, and this is coach Mac’s old crew so I wouldn’t expect a true top 10 team full 40 performance.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:45 pm

Here's the Primer for Wayne State (and the official start of Year 15 of WBR's men's hoops coverage -- and Year 18 of writing about the Jays for me!):

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... yne-state/
WBR Tom

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm

Team looks good, they're really stroking it. Great to see Traudt knock down a couple quick ones, hopefully Lawson gets some shots.

Trey, Baylor, and Kalk all look good. Miller is still small but he added a little muscle tone.

Ashworth looks to be as-advertised but I think his individual defense will be a concern.

Let's get a 30 point lead by half so we can play the backups for the last 15 minutes
Jaysker12

Next

Return to Men's Hoops