Games of interest 2023-24

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Games of interest 2023-24

Postby jaykorver » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Chucky sending it to OT with a layup at the buzzer.
jaykorver

Postby LJay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:33 pm

Worthless Jeff high knees Anderson with another terrible call to determine a game.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby cufan10 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Find it interesting and a little aggravating that Edey is officiated by the big ten refs the exact opposite of how Echenique was officiated in the MVC. MVC refs never knew how to officiate Gregory and called him for many fouls he should not have been and no calls simply because he was big. Edey on the other hand you breathe on him it is a foul. Tough to watch Edey run someone over and it is somehow not a charge.
cufan10

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:08 pm

I don't remember the last time I was this conflicted -- Nebraska vs. Illinois.

Feels like a Nebraska win probably helps our metrics a bit because of our blowout of them in Lincoln.
Feels like a Nebraska win helps out our lock on a three seed and maybe positioning amongst the three seeds because Illinois is right in there with us.

But -- a Nebraska win means a Nebraska win, and I'm just not able to want that without throwing up in my mouth.

EDIT: So far in the first half, Mast is going all Eric Dixon and bombing threes and providing Nebraska's only reliable scoring, but Illinois does not seem to have a clue how to defend him. Illinois also looks terrible on the offensive end so far just chucking up contested threes and missing.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby jaysfan3 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:41 pm

Realhoops wrote:I don't remember the last time I was this conflicted -- Nebraska vs. Illinois.

Feels like a Nebraska win probably helps our metrics a bit because of our blowout of them in Lincoln.
Feels like a Nebraska win helps out our lock on a three seed and maybe positioning amongst the three seeds because Illinois is right in there with us.

But -- a Nebraska win means a Nebraska win, and I'm just not able to want that without throwing up in my mouth.

EDIT: So far in the first half, Mast is going all Eric Dixon and bombing threes and providing Nebraska's only reliable scoring, but Illinois does not seem to have a clue how to defend him. Illinois also looks terrible on the offensive end so far just chucking up contested threes and missing.

I don’t think this game is going to affect us as all. We are probably locked into a 3 seed.
jaysfan3

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:42 pm

Nothing that happens this weekend was ever really going to change our seed. Only thing that could have possibly moved us up to a 2 was beating Marquette.

Nebraska is a good team, though.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jaybird » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:49 pm

Realhoops wrote:I don't remember the last time I was this conflicted -- Nebraska vs. Illinois.

I’m with you. But, bright side, they might be playing their way into a 7. Normally, I’d hate that, but if A&M can land a 10, which looks increasingly possible, then that could be a 1st round matchup. Maybe even Marquette would get winners.
Jaybird

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:53 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:

I don’t think this game is going to affect us as all. We are probably locked into a 3 seed.

I agree. I'd rather be the "top" three seed than the "bottom" three seed -- when you start looking at the 6/7 seed teams I think there is a difference between teams that are borderline 5/6 and may end up high in the 6 pecking order and those that are borderline 6/7 and may slip up to the bottom of the 6 line. Everything is marginal and matchup dependent, but would prefer to maximize whatever we can.

Anyway -- Nebraska looks like they might blow Illinois out. And they could absolutely beat Wisconsin. It's incredible that Nebraska looks like a legitimate Big Ten tourney champ on the floor right now. Everyone on that team seems to be hitting everything they throw up right now. And Illinois just looks like an absolute garbage basketball team to me right now.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:54 pm

Jaybird wrote:

I’m with you. But, bright side, they might be playing their way into a 7. Normally, I’d hate that, but if A&M can land a 10, which looks increasingly possible, then that could be a 1st round matchup. Maybe even Marquette would get winners.

I don't view Nebraska playing themselves up to a 7 as a good thing. They have a better shot at beating a 10 than if they do of winning in the 8-9 game, and they would have a better chance of beating a 2 than they would somebody like UConn or Houston. I mean -- people don't want them to win games in the tourney, right?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:00 pm

Jay Wright saying at halftime that Mast shooting threes is "unguardable" -- he must not have seen Baylor Scheierman guard him in LIncoln earlier this year.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops