Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Intro Song

Postby jaysbanker » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:18 pm

"Mother" by Danzing . That is all.
jaysbanker

Postby Django » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:51 pm

That’s all good and fine. It’s the OTHER team’s introduction song we can work on.

I say “Taps” and on the big screen a sarcophagus being lowered into the ground.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:02 pm

Jaybird wrote:"Moon River", by Andy Williams. Instant energy. It'd blow the roof off the place. But some of you guys are hard to please, and you want choices. So, how about "The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker? A sure crowd-pleaser. There won't be a dry eye in the house. I think there's even an instrumental version out there somewhere.

I'm looking for a song that will cause massive outbursts of subtle, gentle swaying...in perfect unison. Thus, the obvious choice is "We've Only Just Begun" by the Carpenters. While Jaybird and I don't see eye to eye on a lot, we seem to be on the same page here. You can't go wrong with "Arthur's Theme" by Christopher Cross either.
vivid_dude

Postby bird_call » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:26 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
Jaybird wrote:"Moon River", by Andy Williams. Instant energy. It'd blow the roof off the place. But some of you guys are hard to please, and you want choices. So, how about "The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker? A sure crowd-pleaser. There won't be a dry eye in the house. I think there's even an instrumental version out there somewhere.

I'm looking for a song that will cause massive outbursts of subtle, gentle swaying...in perfect unison. Thus, the obvious choice is "We've Only Just Begun" by the Carpenters. While Jaybird and I don't see eye to eye on a lot, we seem to be on the same page here. You can't go wrong with "Arthur's Theme" by Christopher Cross either.

For the gentle swaying I think 'We are the world' would really help to unite the people. Or maybe some Hall & Oates 'You make my dreams come true' if we need something with a bit more bounce.

Unfortunately, I think uniting the good fans of Omaha in united musical swaying/stomping/clapping is virtually impossible in our fragmented society. Thus, I would propose a radical solution of playing the opening of Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells Pt. 1' to keep it minimalist and evoke horror in the opposition.
bird_call

Postby Jaybird » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:26 pm

Well, obviously, "We've Only Just Begun" is the definitive intro music. I mean, it's right there in the title. But "Tubular Bells"? Perfect! Seriously, why aren't we using this already? It's scary, ominous, and probably unique. I still get chills and I see Linda Blair's head spinning around when I hear the first couple notes. Visiting teams would hear that and think "holy crap, they're not messing around here". The Gameday people need to get this done. In fact, I like it even more than what would have been my final suggestion: the Celine Dion standard, "My Heart Will Go On". And, on reflection, "The Last Farewell" would be more fitting on Senior Day.
Jaybird

Postby Uncle_George_5 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:41 pm

Honestly, I just need something other than the Husker football intro song.
Uncle_George_5

Postby Omahanian » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:24 pm

Sleeping in the Middle of the Bed Again by Robert Lamm. Probably not the best song for a Catholic University but still …
Omahanian

Postby Trifecta » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 am

This petition is the dumbest shit ever and super embarrassing
Trifecta

Postby JayPak » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:25 pm

Trifecta wrote:This petition is the dumbest shit ever and super embarrassing

Cringe equivalent of fan tweeting at recruits
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Django » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:24 pm

And we can utilize time out music better.

For example when Sandford flopped and stayed on his back and the refs stopped the clock we could have played Bob Dylan’s “Lay Lady Lay.”

:lol:
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops