Colorado State Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Colorado State Game Thread

Postby Jaybird » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:37 pm

go_jays wrote:Geezus... you really are an idiot aren't you...

"I look at facial expressions, and when I can, look into their eyes when I want to take the mental temperature of one of my players..."

Go ahead. Quote yourself as much as you want. You're not going to make yourself seem any less pretentious. In fact, just the opposite.
Jaybird

Postby go_jays » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:30 am

So are you saying that I am not the person that I present myself to be? That's pretty interesting. First of all, I find it interesting that you are upset by the fact that you might have run into someone who has some life experience and that actually might know more than you. How could that possibly be?

Do you live in Omaha? Maybe it's time we meet up? I know it might be devastating to you. But maybe we can end this BS back and forth once and for all. And this is not a physical threat. It's simply an opportunity for me to introduce myself and we'll see who is being pretentious. I'm perfectly serious about this. Let me know. You can PM me if you like and we can arrange something.
go_jays

Postby Jaybird » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:38 am

Dude, you give off a really creepy vibe. And you think you're the only one here who's ever coached before? You're just the only one who keeps talking about it and has to keep reminding everybody. And now you think you're the only one with "some life experience"? You really need to get over yourself.
Jaybird

Postby go_jays » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:33 am

Jaybird wrote:Dude, you give off a really creepy vibe. And you think you're the only one here who's ever coached before? You're just the only one who keeps talking about it and has to keep reminding everybody. And now you think you're the only one with "some life experience"? You really need to get over yourself.

Creepy?... Because I'm calling you out and you don't know how to handle it?

You said I was pretentious... I'm waiting.
go_jays

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:44 pm

“I’ve coached youngsters before. My eyes can penetrate souls to gauge their fiery determination. PM me to set up a one-on-one visit so we can discuss it.”

Nothing creepy about that at all.

go_jays wrote:Very disappointing, to me anyway. So in a way, I am venting. So I'll quit now.

Follow your own advice here, bud. Jaybird and I can only agree on intro songs, yet I’m sitting here worried that this is going to end with you telling him to put the lotion in the basket.
vivid_dude

Postby go_jays » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:06 pm

vivid_dude wrote:“I’ve coached youngsters before. My eyes can penetrate souls to gauge their fiery determination. PM me to set up a one-on-one visit so we can discuss it.”

go_jays wrote:Very disappointing, to me anyway. So in a way, I am venting. So I'll quit now.

Follow your own advice here, bud. Jaybird and I can only agree on intro songs, yet I’m sitting back here worried that this is going to end with you telling him to put the lotion in the basket.

Well Vivid, I'd say your the creepy one here. Do your thoughts go there very often when reading message boards? Take MY advice and get some help, bud.

And why did you put that in quotes? You know I didn't say that. So you have to make things up, now?

And I had quit. It was after I posted that that he posted his. Pretty chicken shit, actually.

And if you wanna call D1 that went to a Final Four and Professional players "youngsters", I guess you can do that. But I don't think they would appreciate it.
Last edited by go_jays on Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
go_jays

Postby go_jays » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:22 pm

One other thing, Vivid. I should be following my father's advice...

He told me that I should never get in a war of wits with an unarmed man. I understand now why he said that It's just not fair. I'm starting to feel bad for you.
go_jays

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:30 pm

go_jays wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:“I’ve coached youngsters before. My eyes can penetrate souls to gauge their fiery determination. PM me to set up a one-on-one visit so we can discuss it.”

Follow your own advice here, bud. Jaybird and I can only agree on intro songs, yet I’m sitting back here worried that this is going to end with you telling him to put the lotion in the basket.

Well Vivid, I'd say your the creepy one here. Do your thoughts go there very often when reading message boards? Take MY advice and get some help, bud.

And why did you put that in quotes? You know I didn't say that. So you have to make things up, now?

And I had quit. It was after I posted that that he posted his. Pretty chicken shit, actually.

And if you wanna call D1 that went to a Final Four and Professional players "youngsters", I guess you can do that. But I don't think they would appreciate that.

Lots to dissect here.

First, it’s “you’re” - not your. I’ll let this one go. The rest is so bad, typos won’t score any points.

Second, no. My mind has never in the history of me posting on a message board gone to that place. Your creepiness took me there. You literally invited another message board poster to get together to discuss how well you can interpret the mindset of teenage basketball players. I mean, should I set up a poll to see if that’s odd, creepy or uncomfortable? You won’t like the results.

Third, I was paraphrasing. The quote accurately captures what you did . Thus, the creepiness.

Fourth, how was it chickenshit for him to post after you posted? Did you want him to respond BEFORE you posted? HUH???? This doesn’t even have make sense. You’re flailing.

Sit the next few plays out, coach. This isn’t going well for you. Creighton played better against CSU than you are doing in these exchanges.

Your father told you that and then stopped arguing with you. It wasn’t a life lesson. He was applying it to his dim son in the moment.

Have a fantastic week!
vivid_dude

Postby go_jays » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:03 pm

He said I was being pretentious. The meet up wasn't to explain anything to him other than there is nothing pretentious about me. I am who I say I am. And I was going to give him information that supported that. Your mind took you somewhere else... a creepy place on a sports message board.

Your post reminded me of one other thing my father said....

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time... and it annoys the pig."

Clearly, you are annoyed.

You don't have to read my posts, you know. But it doesn't bother me if you do.

Carry on.
go_jays

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:43 pm

go_jays wrote:He said I was being pretentious. The meet up wasn't to explain anything to him other than there is nothing pretentious about me. I am who I say I am. And I was going to give him information that supported that. Your mind took you somewhere else... a creepy place on a sports message board.

Your post reminded me of one other thing my father said....

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time... and it annoys the pig."

Clearly, you are annoyed.

You don't have to read my posts, you know. But it doesn't bother me if you do.

Carry on.

Annoyed? Nowhere near that. You are funny to me. Not in a "laugh with you" sorta way. The other kind.

Did your dad write the fortunes in fortune cookies? Talented fella. Move over, Buddha!

It's all good. Keep up the outstanding work, coach.

Jaybird, I advise AGAINST the meeting.

vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops