Return to Men's Hoops

Nebraska Game Thread

Postby RVB » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:16 pm

#15 Bluejays meet Nebraska in I-80 battle

https://gocreighton.com/news/2023/12/1/ ... attle.aspx
RVB

Re: Nebraska Game Thread

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 pm

Line is Creighton minus 3.5. Sounds like a great game to bet big on CU, should be able to easily cover.
Alphawalt

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:57 pm

Alphawalt wrote:Line is Creighton minus 3.5. Sounds like a great game to bet big on CU, should be able to easily cover.

NU's played well, but against a very light schedule (Kenpom 356th). If I have concerns it's that the center, Mast, can hit the 3 pt shot a bit and has a good middle range jumper, and the other portal guy, Williams, and Keisei can shoot as well. They've had a couple of relatively poor defensive games against Duquesne and Cal State Fullerton, but Hoiberg seems to do a lot of thinking about how to play his friend, Mac's teams

My guess is that the team is very locked in after the loss last year, so no way CU takes them lightly
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jays26 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:29 pm

As noted, huskers have played a super soft schedule and beat up on cupcakes. I am surprised they are even geting any national attention considering the teams they have beat. It's a rivalry game so crazy things can happen but they haven't seen anything close to what the Jays will bring. Jays play close to their averages and ability and they will cover easily.
Jays26

Postby anotherjayfan » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:31 pm

You all have more confidence than I do with some of the mediocre ball we've played at times. Nebraska being the last undefeated Big 10 team (even though an easy schedule) and last year's win will give their team and fans some confidence going into the game so need to silence them right away. Really like to see Kalkbrenner get going so we aren't dependent on the roll of the dice on a million 3 pointers.
anotherjayfan

Postby WBR Tom » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:20 pm

WBR Tom

Postby CUGrads03 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:53 pm

My opinion: As usual, for the last 15+ years, player by player talent wise goes to CU. Coaching goes to CU. But things happen in rivalry games and that place will be rocking (I wonder how it ranks, from the players perspective, in terms of difficult places to play at against BE schools?). Years past I’ve been more confident because I’ve felt we were more multidimensional. This year I have concerns about that and more reason to throw the win percentage a little higher for UNL, but still not over 35%. In the end, lots of smart people out there think the Jays are legit and have what it takes to go on a deep run. Who am I to disagree? If true, then the Jays shouldn’t have too much difficulty even with a 7-0 Husker team that “may” be playing better than expected. Jays take a little time to get rolling, maybe it’s even at half, but we should pull away in the end. Can strange things happen? Sure. But if we are who we, and others, think we are, Jays win by 9+. Although, the MU game today doesn’t help this line of thinking.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby westojay » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:14 am

https://twitter.com/allick_josiah/statu ... 0A26s%3D19

They want it really bad. Let’s just take care of business.
westojay

Postby YankeesJunkie » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:12 pm

Nebraska has not really played anyone, but has taken care of business thus far. Creighton for the most part has taken care of business, but that CSU game left some glaring questions, heck the OSU game also showed the possibility of a lacking bench heading into conference play. Even with those questions, still think Creighton looks more well rounded than they did last year, switching R2 and Kaluma for Miller/Traudt and Ashworth provides a shooting efficiency that was not with last year's Creighton team especially when you account for the improvements of Baylor and Trey. I think Nebraska gets pushed around today and Creighton pulls it out by 10 points; 80 to 70.
YankeesJunkie

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:34 pm

RDJ!!!!
SeattleJay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops