UNLV Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: UNLV Game Thread

Postby Jaybird » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:38 pm

I don't know. Somehow, it just doesn't feel like I'm behind in this little give and take and, ironically, that's your usual response when you feel like you're behind. I'll let others decide.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Jaybird wrote:I don't know. Somehow, it just doesn't feel like I'm behind in this little give and take. I'll let others decide.

You're delusional that way.

You literally ignored the entire substance of the post and pointed out I said "contingency" instead of "contingent" and then basked in some feigned glory. Your mind thought that was it. It wasn't it.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:48 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
Jaybird wrote:I don't know. Somehow, it just doesn't feel like I'm behind in this little give and take. I'll let others decide.

You're delusional that way.

You literally ignored the entire substance of the post and pointed out I said "contingency" instead of "contingent" and then basked in some feigned glory. Your mind thought that was it. It wasn't it.

Well, to pay any attention to "the entire substance of the post" would have meant reading it. So, nah. I don't enjoy reading instruction manuals. Not like I even have to, but I invite your response (isn't that how this works)?
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:56 pm

Gotcha. You plead ignorance. That adds up.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:06 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Gotcha. You plead ignorance. That adds up.

But, not really "pleading" it. In the case of your pedantic "very lengthy post" (which you also called an "email"), I freely admit it. I'm shouting it from the rooftops. I don't know what the hell you wrote, and I don't care.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm

Reminds me of the very funny Daily Show bit where Jordan Klepper asked Trump supporters about impeachment. They kept saying, “Read the Transcript” parroting Trump. Then when Klepper asked if they all read it, they unapologetically and embarrassingly said “No. I don’t have to. I just know.”

Imitating MAGA. Interesting board trajectory for you, Jaybird.

“I’m going to keep arguing in the argument about the thing I didn’t read.” It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:29 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Reminds me of the very funny Daily Show bit where Jordan Klepper asked Trump supporters about impeachment. They kept saying, “Read the Transcript” parroting Trump. Then when Klepper asked if they all read it, they unapologetically and embarrassingly said “No. I don’t have to. I just know.”

Imitating MAGA. Interesting board trajectory for you, Jaybird.

“I’m going to keep arguing in the argument about the thing I didn’t read.” It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with any of this but, no matter. A much larger issue has reared its ugly head, and I feel like I have a duty to throw a challenge flag. Sorry I have to do this, but...

Politics! Politics!! Vivid brought in politics. Oh boy. You're gonna catch it now. (I hope this doesn't mean still another suspension for you. It'd take a lot of the fun out of Vivid-baiting for me).
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:35 pm

Jaybird wrote:Damn Federal judge who put that Boone guy on the floor tonight. If we still had a politics thread, I’d take a guess who appointed him.

Offsetting penalties. Replay first down.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:49 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
Jaybird wrote:Damn Federal judge who put that Boone guy on the floor tonight. If we still had a politics thread, I’d take a guess who appointed him.

Offsetting penalties. Replay first down.

But that was me scrupulously AVOIDING politics. I didn't say who I suspected. I was acknowledging the rules, respecting the limits.

But you. You dove headlong into politics. In open defiance. I'd even quote some of your incendiary language, but that would be trafficking in politics. I just don't see how this ends well for you. You could maybe plead. Plead for mercy. Explain that you were backed into a corner, you were losing, and you lashed out. Won't happen again. It just might work.
Jaybird

Postby Jays26 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:58 pm

For the love of God and everything holy can one of the mods shut this down.

And just like the game film, delete it, burn it and never speak of it again.
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops