AP Poll - CBS???

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

AP Poll - CBS???

Postby cr8ngrad » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:50 am

So, I know it doesn't mean anything at this point but I've noticed the Jays are at 17 in CBS's daily "25 and 1" (Gary Parrish)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... t-for-zags

And then in this week's AP Poll two of the three lowest placements were by two CBS guys at 15th and 16th (Jon Rothstein and Seth Davis)

https://collegepolltracker.com/basketba ... ejays/2023

Thoughts on why CBS has a bug up their butt about the Jays?
cr8ngrad

Re: AP Poll - CBS???

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:17 am

ESPN says we don’t have any quality wins and says Alabama is our litmus test. It is unfortunate that our opponents other than CSU don’t look great.

I think it would be good for us if NU beat K State tonight. (I know that’s heretical to some.)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... is-impress

ESPN has always seemed more negative toward us than most media.
SeattleJay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:30 am

Hard to argue against those rankings if you ask me. Let’s win tonight and then see what we have against Bama.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:36 am

Agreed. Iowa crapping the bed has really softened our resume thus far. And that game felt closer than the 8 point margin of vixtory.
Jaysker12

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:21 pm

Unfortunately it's pretty fair to say that we have zero quality wins so far. I said it another thread -- the only team we have played so far that looks decent was Colorado State and they blew us out. Iowa looks to be a bottom feeder for the Big Ten this year. Despite the win over Michigan State, there's very little to suggest Nebraska isn't a bottom feeder in the Big Ten again this year. Oklahoma State looks to be a bottom feeder for the Big Twelve. Loyola was not good. And everybody else is absolute cream puff city.

Alabama will be a massive challenge and should finally tell us a lot about whether we can really expect to compete for the Big East this year or not. Have to get through a bad UNLV team tonight with slipping up first, though.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:24 pm

I think UNLV has been bad because of injuries.

I hope they get healthy soon but not too soon.
SeattleJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:21 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Unfortunately it's pretty fair to say that we have zero quality wins so far. I said it another thread -- the only team we have played so far that looks decent was Colorado State and they blew us out. Iowa looks to be a bottom feeder for the Big Ten this year. Despite the win over Michigan State, there's very little to suggest Nebraska isn't a bottom feeder in the Big Ten again this year. Oklahoma State looks to be a bottom feeder for the Big Twelve. Loyola was not good. And everybody else is absolute cream puff city.

Alabama will be a massive challenge and should finally tell us a lot about whether we can really expect to compete for the Big East this year or not. Have to get through a bad UNLV team tonight with slipping up first, though.

Didn't really end up where we thought, but there's a good bit of season to go so far, and a lot of teams are all over the map right now. We've mostly done what we were supposed to do and the computer rankings reflect that. Keep taking care of business, keep getting better, stay healthy and we'll be in a the top 3 in the BE
Chicagojayfan

Return to Men's Hoops