Return to Men's Hoops

Georgetown Game Thread

Postby RVB » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:18 pm

Jays open 2024 at Georgetown on Tuesday night

https://gocreighton.com/news/2023/12/31 ... etown.aspx
RVB

Re: Georgetown Game Thread

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:22 pm

Creighton prioritizes cleaning up turnovers as Jays start new year off with Georgetown

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creigh ... 01cea.html
RVB

Postby Jays26 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:39 am

Opened -13.5

Currently -12.5
Jays26

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:26 pm

Here's the Primer for tonight's game at Georgetown. The Hoyas look a lot like a prototypical Ed Cooley team -- great at offensive rebounding and at drawing fouls -- but don't yet have the talent to take advantage. They're a poor two-point shooting team and a poor free-throw shooting team. And their defense doesn't pressure or make opponents uncomfortable. Jays should win and cover that 12.5 point spread, but if there's a path to the Hoyas making them sweat (or pulling the upset) it lies on the offensive glass, or in the Jays making lazy/sloppy passes that the Hoyas can take advantage of.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... eorgetown/
WBR Tom

Postby Realhoops » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:30 pm

... and it's another opponent who has had a week or more to just sit and prep for the Jays to come in.

This better not be a stressful game.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Fourth straight opponent that has had a week-plus to get ready for the Jays. Bama had a full week off before they played here, Nova had 11 days off, Marquette 8, Georgetown 10. Talk about bad luck.

And yes, I agree that anything less than a spread-covering win (12+ points) is a negative here. Georgetown is that bad. My guess: it's closer than any of us would like for 30 minutes or so, and then the Jays pull away late to win by 15.
WBR Tom

Postby chairclanger » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:54 pm

I think we will see an Ashworth bounce back game tonight and an easy win. Unfortunately, it will be fool's gold before Providence and Devin Carter show up here on Saturday. Carter made Tyler Kolek look bad, I shudder to think what he will do to Ashworth.
chairclanger

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:54 pm

chairclanger wrote:I think we will see an Ashworth bounce back game tonight and an easy win. Unfortunately, it will be fool's gold before Providence and Devin Carter show up here on Saturday. Carter made Tyler Kolek look bad, I shudder to think what he will do to Ashworth.

Carter is making his case for DPOY. Providence thinks he was robbed last year. No chance they put him on Ashworth — he will be locking up Trey or Baylor.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby GoJays2020 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:09 pm

chairclanger wrote:I think we will see an Ashworth bounce back game tonight and an easy win. Unfortunately, it will be fool's gold before Providence and Devin Carter show up here on Saturday. Carter made Tyler Kolek look bad, I shudder to think what he will do to Ashworth.

They way CU has been playing, and that this is on the road, I can't see this as an easy win. There are no easy wins in the Big East...except DePaul.
GoJays2020

Postby omajay » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:33 pm

GoJays2020 wrote:

They way CU has been playing, and that this is on the road, I can't see this as an easy win. There are no easy wins in the Big East...except DePaul.

I don't know it this will be an easy win. But, it most definitely is a MUST win.
omajay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops