Would love for Dotzler to get some good run in this game
jaybacker11

Re: DePaul Game Thread

Postby drbluejay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:01 am

Jays -15.5
drbluejay

Postby LJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:19 am

If all this weather is in Chicago today there won’t be 500 fans at this game.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby vjay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:23 am

The western suburbs are getting the bulk of the snow. City only received a dusting overnight. Mostly rain/sleet thus far today. Temps are high enough where the sleet isn't freezing. Roads are wet but fine overall.
vjay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:33 am

vjay wrote:The western suburbs are getting the bulk of the snow. City only received a dusting overnight. Mostly rain/sleet thus far today. Temps are high enough where the sleet isn't freezing. Roads are wet but fine overall.

Then there will be 750 fans.
TrueBlueJay

Postby SDJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:43 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:
vjay wrote:The western suburbs are getting the bulk of the snow. City only received a dusting overnight. Mostly rain/sleet thus far today. Temps are high enough where the sleet isn't freezing. Roads are wet but fine overall.

Then there will be 750 fans.

Probably half in Jays gear ;)
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Postby Realhoops » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:51 am

Please for the love of all that is good and holy can we just have one solid 40 minute game where we look like the team we are supposed to be and make them look like the team they are supposed to be? That's all I'm asking. I want a wire-to-wire ass kicking for a change with no stressful 10 minute droughts. I want to see a game dominating enough that in the final 10 minutes we get to see what some of the guys like Dotzler and Green and King and Lawson can do and give them a chance to build some confidence against (at least technically) Big East competition.

Please?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:59 am

Unfortunately, my wife has some commitments today so we won't be able to go (first row seats were even cheap!)

All I want to see tonight is for the team to keep building on some of the things I've seen in the past couple of games:

- Continue the solid defensive efforts we've seen (both Providence and GT had offensive performances around the worst 3 or 4 of their season versus us)
- hit the defensive boards hard (Providence had their second worst rebounding night against us, and GT had their worst of the season)

- get better at limiting the turnovers - Nova, Marquette, and GT were our 3 worst turnover games of the season (side note - that's partly the matchup with Marquette - we were even worse against them last year for turnover%)

- keep moving the ball and finding effective scoring opportunities. For both GT and Providence we were their worst defensive games of the season thus far

Like any BE team on the road (or even at home), we can't take DePaul lightly. They had their best offensive game of the season against a Power conference team (GT) and have had some games where they were effective defensively as well (e.g., they played a fairly good South Carolina tough losing by 5)
Chicagojayfan

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:30 pm

*Looks out the window* We are? Got about an inch overnight, and it's been rain since 7am.

SDJay wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:Then there will be 750 fans.

Probably half in Jays gear ;)

Western burbs are where the majority of Jays fans live (I think), so that number might be generous.

It's usually about 75% opponent's fans for DePaul games. Marquette takes over the place and treats it like the old Drake games. At some point, you feel bad for the players. At least their fans like us. I will say that I really like Wintrust. It's bright, the sight lines are great, and you can use the sky bridge from the parking lot so you don't have to go outside in crappy weather like today.

Kinda wish this was a weekend game so I could take the kids, but alas, it's a school night.
SendDustyIn

Next

Return to Men's Hoops