Rodney Buford

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Rodney Buford

Postby CUGrads03 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:34 am

WBR Tom wrote:The story and a screen grab:

I love how he's in line at the Southwest counter and the reporter's phone is visible, showing Rodney the renderings because he had zero idea what the heck the guy was asking him about. He got the former Nebraska football player treatment -- spotted in public by a reporter, and put on screen because he's a recognizable name to comment on a random bit of news. Hilarious.

My guess would be the reporter had absolutely no idea who he was and it was completely on accident. Haha.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby omajay » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 pm

CUGrads03 wrote:
WBR Tom wrote:The story and a screen grab:

I love how he's in line at the Southwest counter and the reporter's phone is visible, showing Rodney the renderings because he had zero idea what the heck the guy was asking him about. He got the former Nebraska football player treatment -- spotted in public by a reporter, and put on screen because he's a recognizable name to comment on a random bit of news. Hilarious.

My guess would be the reporter had absolutely no idea who he was and it was completely on accident. Haha.

That is a safe bet. I doubt there is any reporter at KETV, including the three sports reporters, that even know who Buford is.

Still one of the all time best players at CU in my opinion, and one of the most exciting for sure. .
omajay

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Not gonna lie, my heart dropped when I saw this on the index page. Glad he’s ok and he likes the renderings.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby cu8493 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:58 pm

So what’s Rodney up to these days? Hard to believe he has to be about 45 years old. And hard to believe it will be 25 years ago this March since Rodney, Ryan, Ben and crew carried CU to Dana’s first Arch Madness Championship. Man, what a run it’s been. Way more highs than lows.
cu8493

Postby jays911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51 pm

cu8493 wrote:So what’s Rodney up to these days? Hard to believe he has to be about 45 years old. And hard to believe it will be 25 years ago this March since Rodney, Ryan, Ben and crew carried CU to Dana’s first Arch Madness Championship. Man, what a run it’s been. Way more highs than lows.

I was there, with daughter #2. Still have my championship hat. Those were different days. Go Jays!
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops