Xavier Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Xavier Game Thread

Postby Bluejoe » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:55 am

Yeah, I thought Baylor played solidly on D even in the first half. Just because a tough shot goes in doesn't mean it was bad defense. Xavier shot an amazing percentageon the mid-range teardrop/floater. Even banked one in. I thought we played really well on defense.

I thought Kalk looked a little tired in the second half, as he didn't seem to have any bounce in his legs. Didn't get to a couple of boards and missed a few shots that were normally be blocks. But, his presence still led to a possession with two horrendously missed bunnies, including one that air balled. Even when he isn't blocking shots, he is elite.
Bluejoe

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:43 pm

Sean Miller said Creighton's BLOB play execution in the second half was one of the determining factors in the game, so I decided to take another look at them. Here's a Twitter thread on all six of CU's second-half BLOB plays with Miller's quotes about them.

JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:49 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Sean Miller said Creighton's BLOB play execution in the second half was one of the determining factors in the game, so I decided to take another look at them. Here's a Twitter thread on all six of CU's second-half BLOB plays with Miller's quotes about them.

Great breakdown, and I really appreciate how Miller talks to the media. He's a heckuva coach and willing to give more details than a lot of other opposing coaches -- Crazy how spot on he was about the comments and points from those plays

Those plays made for some pretty basketball also
Chicagojayfan

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops