DePaul Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: DePaul Game Thread II

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:06 pm

Can we please get some other halftime entertainment, other than the Jays dancers
skinzfan23

Postby GWJay » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:08 pm

RyanHolmgren wrote:Fred getting absolutely worked on defense. Traudt looked rough in his couple of minutes. Makes me stop questioning Mac's reliance on a six-man rotation.

I will say, Green's effort was appreciated. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the floor in the second half.

Fred's top priority on the off-season should be working on balance. He's got a great frame and is plenty athletic, but often gets beat up down low by back-to-the-basket plays. He plays real top heavy with not enough emphasis on maintaining a decent base and frame through his legs. This allows the offensive player to frequently put a spin move in the post where King loses balance and gets out of position, or allows the offensive player to pump fake into the strong side and draw a foul. It happens almost every time if the offensive player is smart enough to notice.
GWJay

Postby GWJay » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:10 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Can we please get some other halftime entertainment, other than the Jays dancers

Where is Red Panda when we needed her the most?
GWJay

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:12 pm

GWJay wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Can we please get some other halftime entertainment, other than the Jays dancers

Where is Red Panda when we needed her the most?

The Jays dancers just bring absolutely no energy, out of 10 or 11 home games. I think we’ve only had two halftime shows this year.
skinzfan23

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:12 pm

GWJay wrote:
RyanHolmgren wrote:Fred getting absolutely worked on defense. Traudt looked rough in his couple of minutes. Makes me stop questioning Mac's reliance on a six-man rotation.

I will say, Green's effort was appreciated. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the floor in the second half.

Fred's top priority on the off-season should be working on balance. He's got a great frame and is plenty athletic, but often gets beat up down low by back-to-the-basket plays. He plays real top heavy with not enough emphasis on maintaining a decent base and frame through his legs. This allows the offensive player to frequently put a spin move in the post where King loses balance and gets out of position, or allows the offensive player to pump fake into the strong side and draw a foul. It happens almost every time if the offensive player is smart enough to notice.

That would definitely help King, but I think he's overthinking right now. I thought he looked better to start the year and then just got completely lost around the start of the BE season, I think
Chicagojayfan

Postby GWJay » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:14 pm

Heavens what a slam. On replay could've easily been called an offensive foul
GWJay

Postby GWJay » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Man, thank god Trey came to play
GWJay

Postby GWJay » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Jesus DePaul is awful at defense. Its most apparent on the pick and roll, very little communication
Last edited by GWJay on Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Ashworth knocking down some shots is a good sign from tonight

D looks more locked in this half so far, have to keep hustling and keep it up though
Chicagojayfan

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:21 pm

First double digit lead of the night
skinzfan23

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops