Xavier Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Xavier Game Thread II

Postby wildjays » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:21 am

Creighton got a needed win in Saturday against Xavier.

Matt DeMarinis with the recap and postgame.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/creighto ... game-skid/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:27 am

wildjays wrote:Creighton got a needed win in Saturday against Xavier.

Great quote by Coach Miller saying that CU is right there with U Conn, Purdue and Houston
SeattleJay

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:37 am

SeattleJay wrote:

Great quote by Coach Miller saying that CU is right there with U Conn, Purdue and Houston

I don’t care for Miller’s sideline shenanigans, but he is really measured, thoughtful and fair in his post game interviews. Same with Hurley at UConn.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby SDJay » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:33 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
I don’t care for Miller’s sideline shenanigans, but he is really measured, thoughtful and fair in his post game interviews. Same with Hurley at UConn.

+1
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Postby DC_JAY » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:34 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:

+1. Bringing him, Matta, and Pitino on board (to join Hurley, Mac, Cooley, and Smart) has made this the best-coached conference in basketball. Imagine if Wright were still on the sidelines at Nova...
DC_JAY

Postby skinzfan23 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:23 am

100% agree, this is the best coached league in basketball and it’s not even close!
skinzfan23

Postby drbluejay » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 am

My standout player of the game goes to Kalk while Miller and Baylor also stood out. The 17 total assists by Ashworth and Baylor were also noticed.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:39 am

Tired starters are a much better choice than what our bench has given us lately. We all saw what happened when the bench came in with a 20 point lead. I do like what I see from Green but his 2nd half minutes were not good.
drbluejay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 am

skinzfan23 wrote:100% agree, this is the best coached league in basketball and it’s not even close!

Yep - and the coaches really seem to have a good respect for each other. I learn a lot listening to the other coaches talk in their press conferences

And re: Miller:

""I have no problem with our team's effort level, our preparation. We wanted to win this game badly and we lost to a really good team," Miller said."

Some of that may be not wanting to call people out in public, but I think they've been playing really well lately -- They struggled early in the year (Delaware/Oakland losses), but since conference play started, they've been really good at home -- only losing to us and UConn to go 5-2 so far, and won 3 straight including beating SJU by 11 at home and Nova in an old fashioned BE slugfest at home
Chicagojayfan

Postby #RollJays » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:10 am

drbluejay wrote:Tired starters are a much better choice than what our bench has given us lately. We all saw what happened when the bench came in with a 20 point lead. I do like what I see from Green but his 2nd half minutes were not good.

Yeah Green on Claude is a massive mismatch with no rim protection in the game. Don’t really blame him for that.
#RollJays

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops