Return to Men's Hoops

Georgetown Game Thread II

Postby RVB » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:34 pm

#17 Creighton hosts Georgetown Tuesday night

https://gocreighton.com/news/2024/2/12/ ... esday.aspx
RVB

Re: Georgetown Game Thread II

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 pm

In a best case scenario, we take care of business and get plenty of time for the bench so the starters can rest.

They've had some games where they've had some good offense, but their D is generally not very solid. In terms of risks, they've turned some teams over and had a couple of games where they hit the offensive boards pretty well. Time for the team to show that they've gotten serious about blocking out and holding onto the ball
Chicagojayfan

Postby Realhoops » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:11 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:In a best case scenario, we take care of business and get plenty of time for the bench so the starters can rest.

They've had some games where they've had some good offense, but their D is generally not very solid. In terms of risks, they've turned some teams over and had a couple of games where they hit the offensive boards pretty well. Time for the team to show that they've gotten serious about blocking out and holding onto the ball

I want to go into this one feeling like I did going into the DePaul home game -- just please, please, please wanting them to put a game away relatively quickly for a change, not cause undue stress, get lots of rest for the starters and some real experience for the bench, etc. But I know better than to actually expect that.

At least we have the DBR marked for this anticipated grueling battle instead of for a pushover like UConn or Marquette, amirite?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:56 pm

Realhoops wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:In a best case scenario, we take care of business and get plenty of time for the bench so the starters can rest.

I want to go into this one feeling like I did going into the DePaul home game -- just please, please, please wanting them to put a game away relatively quickly for a change, not cause undue stress, get lots of rest for the starters and some real experience for the bench, etc. But I know better than to actually expect that.

At least we have the DBR marked for this anticipated grueling battle instead of for a pushover like UConn or Marquette, amirite?

Yep - I mean, I really feel like this team is putting it together, but this is the BE and even Georgetown had that crazy last part of the season back on 2020-21.
Chicagojayfan

Postby drbluejay » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 am

Jays mostly at -18.5 but as low as -17.5
drbluejay

Postby #RollJays » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am

Realhoops wrote:

The Creighton fan pre-game prayer that never happens. :)
#RollJays

Postby DC_JAY » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am

The final potential "bad loss" of the regular season. Just put it away.
DC_JAY

Postby LJay » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:40 am

Georgetown has played many stinkers this year but has also on occasion risen up and put up a fight against teams. This one doesn’t have the same inevitable win feeling for me that each game against DePaul has.

Just win baby.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby go_jays » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:16 am

drbluejay wrote:Jays mostly at -18.5 but as low as -17.5

Interesting... Kenpom...

Adjusted Efficiency Margin Jays +20.79 Georgetown -1.96
Differential = -22.75
Approximate average number of possessions per game = Differential X .7
Adjusted Per Game Differential = -15.93
Add Home Court Advantage -3
Differential = -18.93
The Vegas Line = -18.5

Been noticing this trend now for over a month.
go_jays

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:38 am

The media session interviews with Miller, Green and Coach Mac were interesting.

Miller talked about his injury and how it is starting to come around. Both Miller and Mac talked about Green being a great rebounder and defender. Miller talked about trying to box out Green in practice.

Green had a great inreview, talking about trying to make an impact every second he is on the floor.

Mac also mentioned that he thought but Green had a very bright future and how unfortunate it was that he missed a big chunk of the beginning of the season

Mac said appropriately respectful things about Cooley and his team. He mentioned that they had been close against some good teams including X. Mac mentioned that GT had some illness when they got blown out.

No mention of King at all. Might be reading too much into the situation but it seems King is now behind Traudt as back up center and Green is going to get the opportunity to prove he should get more minutes.
SeattleJay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops