bluejayfan00

Re: Coach Mac

Postby Helmzy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:13 pm

Ohio St isn’t the option to worry about right now
Helmzy

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:16 pm

Helmzy wrote:Ohio St isn’t the option to worry about right now

Maybe not. But there's more than enough smoke to talk about it. Whether its OSU or somewhere else, there is absolutely a chance Mac isn't here next year. The behind the scenes stuff is real, and they should be making sure he gets what he wants.

Some fans have been in denial about this for a couple years now. Always has been real, and it seems to be at its peak right now. Not a guarantee he's gone, but I think this is as serious as it's been.
bluejayfan00

Postby Helmzy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:18 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:

Maybe not. But there's more than enough smoke to talk about it. Whether its OSU or somewhere else, there is absolutely a chance Mac isn't here next year. The behind the scenes stuff is real, and they should be making sure he gets what he wants.

Some fans have been in denial about this for a couple years now. Also has been real, and it seems to be at it's peak right now. Not a guarantee he's gone, but I think this is as serious as it's been.

I agree with you. But just asking, what makes this year more serious than the past 2? (ASU, ND)
Helmzy

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:23 pm

Helmzy wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:

Some fans have been in denial about this for a couple years now. Also has been real, and it seems to be at it's peak right now. Not a guarantee he's gone, but I think this is as serious as it's been.

I agree with you. But just asking, what makes this year more serious than the past 2? (ASU, ND)

1. I think Ohio State, and other possible openings are better than the examples of ASU, ND.

2. I trust things I've heard and who I've heard them from. This is absolutely a real possibility. Blossom and Hendrickson are capable of f****** this up. Which would be just a massive mistake and unforgivable. You'd see A LOT of fans, boosters especially, give the cold shoulder if you don't do everything you can to keep him.

3. When you look at it from simply a basketball perspective, we lose a lot. Next year *could* be a rebuilding year, depending on how good the 24' kids are right away and what we could get in the portal.

Again, there's not guarantee he leaves. He clearly loves Creighton, Omaha, etc. But, at some point, you want to feel appreciated. That was never an issue when Ras was here. He turned down OSU in 2017 because he said "you don't mess with happy"- Well, when you're not *as* happy anymore, things can change.
Last edited by bluejayfan00 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluejayfan00

Postby omajay » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:24 pm

This post, coupled with some other twitter comments and rumors, make me a little nervous. I am not convinced Marcus and Father Hendricksen really appreciate Mac.
omajay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:31 pm

If McDermott did go McAndrew would follow at a minimum, he’s mostly here because his dad played for Mac.
HandDownManDown

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:32 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:If McDermott did go McAndrew would follow at a minimum, he’s mostly here because his dad played for Mac.

Yeah, if Mac left our class would likely fall apart. But McAndrew has said multiple times in interviews his Dad's relationship with Mac had little to do with coming to CU. He has said he gets why people make that connection, but it wasn't a big deal. Said he likely would have come to CU anyways even without the Dad/Mac connection
bluejayfan00

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 pm

“You guys got a helluva coach. I hope you appreciate him.” Ed Cooley

At first, I took this at face value but now hearing about the rumor mill, it makes me wonder if something is going on.

It would be a really tough day if we lost Coach Mac. I sure hope we get it figured out.
SeattleJay

Postby slaw » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:24 pm

What could he possibly not be happy about? Seems like he has it all?

(similar words uttered about Nembhard and Kaluma)
slaw

Next

Return to Men's Hoops